Ocur compliant

racerxnet

HTPC Specs: Show details

Ocur compliant

Post by racerxnet » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:29 pm

Hello All,

I ran the Ocur bios check and it states;
Ocur table present. 176 bytes. The PC contains an OSFR table, but no ocur object found. The PC bios is not ocur compliant.

Can someone please help with this. I would like to make the bios compliant. There was a work around but the files are no longer present.

I have Windows 7 Pro
Asus Rampage MB
ATI TV wonder which has the 550 pro chipset
Latest bios 1001 installed.

All I want to do is watch TV from OTA on my marquee projection system.

Thanks,

MAK

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:38 pm

racerxnet wrote:Hello All,

I ran the Ocur bios check and it states;
Ocur table present. 176 bytes. The PC contains an OSFR table, but no ocur object found. The PC bios is not ocur compliant.

Can someone please help with this. I would like to make the bios compliant. There was a work around but the files are no longer present.

I have Windows 7 Pro
Asus Rampage MB
ATI TV wonder which has the 550 pro chipset
Latest bios 1001 installed.

All I want to do is watch TV from OTA on my marquee projection system.

Thanks,

MAK
Hey Mak,

Ocur is used for cablecards, You don't have to worry about a compliant machine if your not using a cablecard. BY your OTA statement, your using Off the air channels, so No cable TV at all.

Anyway about it, needing a compliant machine was a limitation on Windows VISTA(you needed to BUY a OEM PC like I did back then), this was removed on Windows 7, so even with a cablecard, you will not have to worry about a compliant machine (on this aspect, Other limitations like video card and CPU can stop it due to a slow machine).

Did you try to go into WMC and run TV setup ? WHat happens ?
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

racerxnet

Post by racerxnet » Sun Jan 10, 2016 1:05 am

I got the ATI tuner up and running. Unfortunately I have a firewall issue I am trying to resolve now. I added the IP address in Outpost Pro and it allows the tuner to connect, but it stalls the signal in WMC. If I disable the firewall it works fine. My PC is not the latest but fairly fast for its time.

Windows 7 Pro
Asus Rampage Formula
8 gigs RAM
QX 9650 quadcore at 3.6 ghz.
SSD drive
ATI 6670 card.