EPG is correct but channels are not

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
cuestix

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG is correct but channels are not

Post by cuestix » Tue Dec 22, 2015 5:42 pm

EPG is correct but channels are not. I've searched and tried many things to get my Win7 WMC setup to work. These include re-setup many times with different zip codes, etc. I think I've narrowed my issue down to the data in the guide being correct as I have a "normal" set-top box and the channel line-up is accurate, however the shows on the channels are completely wrong... Not one of them is accurate. ANY help would be greatly appreciated for someone who is new to this whole tuner world.

cuestix

Post by cuestix » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:02 pm

Also, after reading the problems that others are experiencing with the switch over from Zap2IT to Rovi data I don't believe that's my issue. I've just recently set this up so all my experience has been with Rovi. If it helps, I'm in Michigan zip 48317 and have a Comcast Cablecard inside an ATI tuner. I haven't called Comcast back yet but I'm not sure if it's an issue on their end or not. Please help, any suggestions are more than welcome!

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:01 pm

Not sure what you are saying. Are you saying that your Guide has all the correct channels listed but that the shows listed for each time on a particular channel are not what's really being broadcast? Or is the entire guide correct but your tuner is not tuning the correct channel when you try to watch a program? Double check that you have your
PC's clock/time zone set properly or the gulde will be time-shifted. If the shows listed are correct, be sure you set up with the correct provider for your cable system. Some times there are multiple choices if they have different systems in close geograpic proximity. Also possible if your cablecard is Motorola that they did not provision your cablecard with the proper lineup for your location.

cuestix

Post by cuestix » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:21 pm

I apologize for not being clear, to explain let's say I'm watching channel 33 on my STB, it would be Fox Sports 1 but in WMC, it is actually an entirely different channel (some Nickelodeon channel). All my channels are incorrect this way.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 10:33 pm

Is WMC consistent in listing channels and programs in the guide and if you play them via WMC the program that plays is what was listed? (but possibly different from what the STB plays for that channe)

cuestix

Post by cuestix » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:24 pm

No, the guide and programs don't match each other at all.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:49 pm

Then it sounds like you did not have the proper lineup selected when you set up the tuner in WMC. You need to re-run tuner setup and choose the proper lineup for your provider.

cuestix

Post by cuestix » Tue Dec 22, 2015 11:59 pm

I've re-run the TV signal setup part, started the entire WMC setup over again, etc. I have chosen different provider listings and none of them match. I did some research today where I tried 100's of zip codes in MI and the only ones that match what shows up on my screen are SD listings that have around 25 channels but I subscribe to HD and more like 600 channels.

cuestix

Post by cuestix » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:52 pm

I've tried to re-run the signal setup part and even tried to start the whole setup wizard over numerous times. I haven't "uninstalled/reinstalled" WMC yet if anyone thinks this will help, plz explain the method.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 8:52 pm

cuestix wrote:I've tried to re-run the signal setup part and even tried to start the whole setup wizard over numerous times. I haven't "uninstalled/reinstalled" WMC yet if anyone thinks this will help, plz explain the method.
Google: MediaCenterRecoveryTask

After you run that it brings WMC back to brand new.

You will need to:

1) install tuner drivers
2) run DCA, its in extras
3) run WMC setup Custom, you likely have to redo PlayReady also

choose your correct zip and lineup, go get a cognac, you will be watching tv in a few minutes (hopefully)

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:16 pm

Method 3:
Rebuild Media Center data store and check:

i. Click on start

ii. In the search box type in cmd, right click on cmd and select “Run as administrator”

iii. Open a command prompt, and run the following command:

%systemroot%\ehome\mcupdate.exe -MediaCenterRecoveryTask

iv. Close command window, and reboot the computer.

Here is a post with some guide suggestions, Go to the msn link and figure out which lineup/Signal Provider you should be on.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 988#p99988

cuestix

Post by cuestix » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:23 pm

I tried the above steps and they made it worse, so I reinstalled my OS. At first that didn't work but when I called Comcast and reactivated my cable card, now its perfect!! Thank you all for your help!!!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:22 pm

Calling Comcast (activate CableCard) was included in Step 3 in Post 10. Maybe your OS was screwed up too.