epg123 v0.9.5 release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

epg123 v0.9.5 release

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 8:04 am

Just posted version 0.9.5 on the website. I spent a lot of time trying to get the automatch perfect ... but I wasn't successful in completely cleaning out some previous version 0.9.x leftovers. It is really just a nitpicky thing, but I wanted to completely erase all traces of the previous versions. At some point I had succeeded in doing so, but somehow lost the key. Oh well, maybe it will die out on its own.

The big noticeable is the About Guide will now show epg123 lineups along with end of guide date and time.
aboutGuide.png
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

STC

Post by STC » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:17 pm

http://epg123.garyan2.net

TYVM for this. Looking forward to the sports fix/tweak/repair/compromise/logical change.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:29 pm

My wife likes the PBS Father Brown series. I'm wondering why the episodes are not identified as to seasons/episodes any more. I can change these via RecordedTVHD but it's kind of a pain. They're all reruns currently as the new season hasn't started yet.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:31 pm

PBS has always been weird for me with certain programming. What does Zap2it say? Usually it's from source unless it falls into the category of a Gary 50/50.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 1:55 pm

Do we need to drop in the automatch executable this time or just EPG123?

groovejumper

Post by groovejumper » Sun Apr 17, 2016 2:19 pm

Is this the version that addresses the multiple channel instances for folks with HDHomeRun's? I'm still using 0.7.6 and was waiting for that change before upgrading (what I have now seems to work reasonably well but the multiple instances has messed us up on busy recording nights).

Also, my setup is a bit complicated so I need to commit a number of hours to get everything going - as a Canadian I have to do an extra step to enable ATSC tuners (2x HDHomeRun's, 4 tuners), also a Colossus (so I need to do a full setup for the satellite tuner, back it up, do another setup for EPG123, and restore the lineup file). Which is why I'm waiting to do the next upgrade...

g.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Sun Apr 17, 2016 4:56 pm

STC wrote:PBS has always been weird for me with certain programming. What does Zap2it say? Usually it's from source unless it falls into the category of a Gary 50/50.
Zap2it shows the season and episode.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:21 pm

mldenison wrote:My wife likes the PBS Father Brown series. I'm wondering why the episodes are not identified as to seasons/episodes any more. I can change these via RecordedTVHD but it's kind of a pain. They're all reruns currently as the new season hasn't started yet.
All my Father Brown are showing the episode and title information. I verified in both the episode title option and the description field option. I'm not seeing what you are seeing.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:22 pm

Sammy2 wrote:Do we need to drop in the automatch executable this time or just EPG123?
Yes, there are changes to both the epg123.exe and the epgAutomatch.exe.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:29 pm

groovejumper wrote:Is this the version that addresses the multiple channel instances for folks with HDHomeRun's? I'm still using 0.7.6 and was waiting for that change before upgrading (what I have now seems to work reasonably well but the multiple instances has messed us up on busy recording nights).

Also, my setup is a bit complicated so I need to commit a number of hours to get everything going - as a Canadian I have to do an extra step to enable ATSC tuners (2x HDHomeRun's, 4 tuners), also a Colossus (so I need to do a full setup for the satellite tuner, back it up, do another setup for EPG123, and restore the lineup file). Which is why I'm waiting to do the next upgrade...

g.
Yes, this version doesn't make the same mistake as 0.9.4 with multiple tuners, and it also removes any duplicate tuners in the channels (cleans up after 0.9.4). I wish I had known the duplicate tuners were actually causing an issue out there ... I would have pushed out a quick fix quite a while ago. Sorry.

If your setup is up and running with 0.7.6, you can just drop in 0.9.5 and keep going. Is there a reason you expect to do your setups again with the upgrade?
- Gary

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:39 pm

Gary, thanks for all your efforts. You even have a .pdf Guide now! You've come a long way in a short time.

1. I downloaded v0.9.5 on two PC's today. On both, the first time I ran the program I received a pop-up window error and the following in the trace log:

"Error using loadmxf.exe to import new guide information. Exit code: 255 (the exit code was different on the 2nd PC)"

Also, your new feature 'About Guide' was missing. I immediately re-ran the program on both PC's and had no errors and About Guide was there.

2. On both PC's, I have chosen 30 days of guide data. However, on the About Guide page both PC's have a guide end date of 5/8/16, which is 21 days instead of 30? Also, if I manually go to the end of the guide it ends 5/8.

3. Settings > TV > Guide >"Get Latest Guide Listings" ?

What happens when you click on that? I don't want to accidentally download Rovi listings!

Thanks

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 5:52 pm

garnuts wrote:1. I downloaded v0.9.5 on two PC's today. On both, the first time I ran the program I received a pop-up window error and the following in the trace log:
"Error using loadmxf.exe to import new guide information. Exit code: 255 (the exit code was different on the 2nd PC)"
Also, your new feature 'About Guide' was missing. I immediately re-ran the program on both PC's and had no errors and About Guide was there.
I would get something similar every once in a while when testing. I believe it is due to having to change some identifying information in the mxf file that is generated. It would get all the way to 99% imported and then error out so it seems the database gets a little confused when trying to reconcile the minor differences. It would always succeed on the second try, so that's good.
garnuts wrote:2. On both PC's, I have chosen 30 days of guide data. However, on the About Guide page both PC's have a guide end date of 5/8/16, which is 21 days instead of 30? Also, if I manually go to the end of the guide it ends 5/8.
Though you have chosen 30 days to download, there is only a maximum 21 days available on your stations. The setting on the epg123 GUI is a maximum number of days to download. What you see in the About Guide is the actual maximum of all channels. If a single channel had 30 days downloaded, then the About Guide would have reflected that.
garnuts wrote:3. Settings > TV > Guide >"Get Latest Guide Listings" ?
What happens when you click on that? I don't want to accidentally download Rovi listings!
Thanks
Through trickery, I've fooled WMC into thinking it has a live lineup from Microsoft in the guide. You can click on it and will "Download" and even "Succeed", but it won't get anything since there is no lineup with an ID of 42. The warning is if anyone that does have some remnants of Rovi in their system, it will download and update that lineup.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:28 pm

My Run.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:41 pm

Sammy2 wrote:My Run.
Which version were you upgrading from?
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:31 pm

garyan2 wrote:
v0.9.3

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Apr 17, 2016 7:40 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:
v0.9.3
Good. If you were upgrading from 0.9.4 and got all those matches, I would have been a little worried.
- Gary

garnuts

Post by garnuts » Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:32 pm

garyan2 wrote:
garnuts wrote:1. I downloaded v0.9.5 on two PC's today. On both, the first time I ran the program I received a pop-up window error and the following in the trace log:
I would get something similar every once in a while when testing. I believe it is due to having to change some identifying information in the mxf file that is generated. It would get all the way to 99% imported and then error out so it seems the database gets a little confused when trying to reconcile the minor differences. It would always succeed on the second try, so that's good.
garnuts wrote:2. On both PC's, I have chosen 30 days of guide data. However, on the About Guide page both PC's have a guide end date of 5/8/16, which is 21 days instead of 30? Also, if I manually go to the end of the guide it ends 5/8.
Though you have chosen 30 days to download, there is only a maximum 21 days available on your stations. The setting on the epg123 GUI is a maximum number of days to download. What you see in the About Guide is the actual maximum of all channels. If a single channel had 30 days downloaded, then the About Guide would have reflected that.
garnuts wrote:3. Settings > TV > Guide >"Get Latest Guide Listings" ?
Thanks
Through trickery, I've fooled WMC into thinking it has a live lineup from Microsoft in the guide. You can click on it and will "Download" and even "Succeed", but it won't get anything since there is no lineup with an ID of 42. The warning is if anyone that does have some remnants of Rovi in their system, it will download and update that lineup.
Thanks for answering. I wasn't really worried about the error on running 9.5, but I thought you would want to know.

21 days of guide data is great, I just wondered why is was not showing 30.

Re: "Get Latest Guide Listings"... I'll leave that alone because I probably have remnants of Rovi still there. On both of my PC's I could not successfully start at step 0 and complete a clean install. I tried deleting the eHome folder in and out of Safe Mode, but every time I would re-run TV set up, Play Ready would not update or install. So after I re-imaged my OS SSD for the third time I gave up :(.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:01 pm

I had same playready problem on a test box. The fix was to remove and re add WMC.

STC

Post by STC » Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:55 pm

I see you went the extra mile with the pdf instructions.

Our Wiki is very much out of date now. Perhaps we should kill the old instructions and refer directly to you.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:41 pm

21 days of guide data is great, I just wondered why is was not showing 30.
We (Schedules Direct) will always have at least 14 days. For some stations with fixed schedules, you can see that the window goes out much further. In your particular bouquet, it looks like 21 days is the max. I've seen up to 25 days, but that's pretty rare.

21 days is better than _no_ days. :)