v0.9.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:13 pm

garyan2 wrote:I would hold off using automatch until the lineup is corrected ... the automatch feature will keep moving the guide information back to the wrong channel on each update. I meant to put some logic in the automatch feature to cover your case, but would defeat some other features.
Okay, I haven't manually re-mapped it anyhow but will when I get the chance. Been busy with other more pressing things (Read: Honeydoos). I will wait to do this but am still wondering if this will revert my hundreds of custom re-mapped channel numbers. Can channel numbers created with guide tool and saved in xml after running EPG123 v0.7.6 be restored after using EPG123 v0.9.1?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:35 pm

Sammy2 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:I would hold off using automatch until the lineup is corrected ... the automatch feature will keep moving the guide information back to the wrong channel on each update. I meant to put some logic in the automatch feature to cover your case, but would defeat some other features.
Okay, I haven't manually re-mapped it anyhow but will when I get the chance. Been busy with other more pressing things (Read: Honeydoos). I will wait to do this but am still wondering if this will revert my hundreds of custom re-mapped channel numbers. Can channel numbers created with guide tool and saved in xml after running EPG123 v0.7.6 be restored after using EPG123 v0.9.1?
Unlike Lineup Selector which uses your display channel number, I use the original channel number for matching ... your custom numbering should be unaffected (I've tested it all of one time so must be good). i.e. if your tuner channel is number 10 and you remap to 1, automatch only cares about the tuner channel 10 and matches to that.

I really can't answer your question about the generated xml file from Guide Tool ... never used it and don't know what it does or how it does it. I don't see any reason why it would not work as before.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 4:43 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:
Unlike Lineup Selector which uses your display channel number, I use the original channel number for matching ... your custom numbering should be unaffected (I've tested it all of one time so must be good). i.e. if your tuner channel is number 10 and you remap to 1, automatch only cares about the tuner channel 10 and matches to that.

I really can't answer your question about the generated xml file from Guide Tool ... never used it and don't know what it does or how it does it. I don't see any reason why it would not work as before.
Okay. Thanks!

I guess I will load up v0.9.1 and give it a go..

webminster

Post by webminster » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:21 pm

Fired off 0.9.1 this afternoon (manually ran the task in TS). Guide Search showed 15 days of data. After run, this in trace log:
[3/28/2016 2:37:58 PM] [ INFO] Starting ehPrivJob.exe /DoReindexSearchRoot to index guide data.
[3/28/2016 2:38:37 PM] [ INFO] Successfully completed the ReindexSearchRoot task. Exit code: 0

Seems OK, but the number of days of data didn't increase to 16 as I expected. Seemed like maybe it did in 0.9.0, with the task set to run as SYSTEM.
-Alan

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 9:55 pm

webminster wrote:Fired off 0.9.1 this afternoon (manually ran the task in TS). Guide Search showed 15 days of data. After run, this in trace log:
[3/28/2016 2:37:58 PM] [ INFO] Starting ehPrivJob.exe /DoReindexSearchRoot to index guide data.
[3/28/2016 2:38:37 PM] [ INFO] Successfully completed the ReindexSearchRoot task. Exit code: 0

Seems OK, but the number of days of data didn't increase to 16 as I expected. Seemed like maybe it did in 0.9.0, with the task set to run as SYSTEM.
If your manual update was in the same day as your scheduled update, then there won't be any additional schedule data. The downloads are by calendar date GMT, not by time of day. If you update after 0000Z, then you will get another days worth of data.
- Gary

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:23 am

Decided to leap last night, and was so lucky to see this release this A.M. I am so pleased everything is running and I did not have to reinstall WMC and all my extenders. Two small hiccups:
1. for those using MMC ,I also had to use the: sc stop "CDataSvc" comand .
2. During TV setup it only recognized 4 of my 6 ceton tuners, and i had to rerun the digital cable advisor tool in extras.

After that all went as hoped for. Back up and running until next time :-)

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:40 am

I think I'm going to do it next day I have some free time - on the automap feature, I have re-mapped all of my HD channels to their SD number equivalents (because it's channel 4, dang it, not channel 1004! ;)). Does automap automatically assign guide info to those or will I need to go through and renumber everything?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 1:44 am

My wife has gotten used to it. 1004 is still 4 to her.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 2:07 am

JTScribe wrote:I think I'm going to do it next day I have some free time - on the automap feature, I have re-mapped all of my HD channels to their SD number equivalents (because it's channel 4, dang it, not channel 1004! ;)). Does automap automatically assign guide info to those or will I need to go through and renumber everything?
The automap feature only looks at your tuner channel ... not your display channel number. The caveat is ... I don't know what will happen with merged channels, so if you didn't merge it will be okay.
- Gary

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 12:54 pm

garyan2 wrote:
JTScribe wrote:I think I'm going to do it next day I have some free time - on the automap feature, I have re-mapped all of my HD channels to their SD number equivalents (because it's channel 4, dang it, not channel 1004! ;)). Does automap automatically assign guide info to those or will I need to go through and renumber everything?
The automap feature only looks at your tuner channel ... not your display channel number. The caveat is ... I don't know what will happen with merged channels, so if you didn't merge it will be okay.
I basically just swapped the numbers between the SD and HD channels then disabled the SD channels, no merging involved.

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:16 pm

spanner wrote:Decided to leap last night, and was so lucky to see this release this A.M. I am so pleased everything is running and I did not have to reinstall WMC and all my extenders. Two small hiccups:
2. During TV setup it only recognized 4 of my 6 ceton tuners, and i had to rerun the digital cable advisor tool in extras.

What did you do to get the tuners back? I ran into the same issue.

spanner

Post by spanner » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:31 pm

JTScribe wrote:
spanner wrote:Decided to leap last night, and was so lucky to see this release this A.M. I am so pleased everything is running and I did not have to reinstall WMC and all my extenders. Two small hiccups:

see if you have the "digital advisor tool" in the extras tab in WMC. My memory is not so good, but i believe the original WMC only allowed four tuners, and people had to run tunersalad to get it to recognize extra tuners. I think the advisor tool did the same thing. Anyway after running it then tv setup all tuners showed up. If i am mistaken i hope others will chime in

glorp

Post by glorp » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:37 pm

spanner wrote:
JTScribe wrote:

see if you have the "digital advisor tool" in the extras tab in WMC. My memory is not so good, but i believe the original WMC only allowed four tuners, and people had to run tunersalad to get it to recognize extra tuners. I think the advisor tool did the same thing. Anyway after running it then tv setup all tuners showed up. If i am mistaken i hope others will chime in
Ceton Diagnostics Tool. Remove Tuners then Rediscover Tuners should do it.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 3:41 pm

With HDHR Prime I had to re-run tuner salad to see both sets of three tuners.

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:02 pm

Ceton's Digital Advisor tool gave me the extra tuners in 2 of my PC's. It didn't work on the third one, but Tuner Salad worked. Go figure.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:32 pm

mldenison wrote:Ceton's Digital Advisor tool gave me the extra tuners in 2 of my PC's. It didn't work on the third one, but Tuner Salad worked. Go figure.
Does Ceton's app work with Primes?

JTScribe

Post by JTScribe » Tue Mar 29, 2016 4:45 pm

spanner wrote:
JTScribe wrote:

That worked. :thumbup:

mldenison

Post by mldenison » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:05 am

Sammy2 wrote:
mldenison wrote:Ceton's Digital Advisor tool gave me the extra tuners in 2 of my PC's. It didn't work on the third one, but Tuner Salad worked. Go figure.
Does Ceton's app work with Primes?
No idea. I have 2 ETH's.

webminster

Post by webminster » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:15 am

The "digital cable advisor" isn't Ceton, it's a Microsoft tool. It won't increase the tuner limit, the limit remains at 4 tuners of each type.
The Ceton driver software includes the hacks to raise the Cablecard tuner limits. Hypothetically, if you have SD tuners, you could install Ceton's software and have it change the limits (although I have never tried that). I had a Ceton card before I pulled it and started using HDHR Primes.

The definitive tool for SD tuner users is TunerSalad - the current version allows the limit to be increased to 32 tuners.
-Alan

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 12:20 am

Sammy2 wrote:Does Ceton's app work with Primes?
yes