v0.9.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
choliscott

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by choliscott » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:21 am

Nope, I didn't have the box checked, so I cleared out the ehome folder & tried again, except when it went to the import into WMC, it gave me an error. I tried a 2nd time & received the same error.

Importing guide data into Windows Media Center ...

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'mcepg, Version=6.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
at epg123.epgAutomatch.makeLineupViewable()
at epg123.Program.Main(String[] args)

garyan2 wrote:
choliscott wrote:I'm also trying 0.9 & removed the ehome folder & contents. I ran epg123 & ran the "save & execute".
After it completed, I started WMC & saw I could get in the channel guide without having to edit the registry, but nothing looked like it mapped (thus, I have 9999 channels, saying "No Data Available" & yes I'm using a cable card).

Is there a step that I'm forgetting to do ?

That being said, didn't have any issues using lineup selector & guide tool to finish the task, but if I remember reading correctly, the goal is to get away from having to use guide tool & lineup selector
Yah, not sure what is going on ... maybe. Question: did you have the automatch checked?
automatch.PNG
I may have a separate issue here in not properly saving the file before closing the GUI. If anyone can try again and click Save, Exit, then either use the command line update or reopen the GUI and select Save&Execute ... see if it all works correctly then.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:34 am

Which version of WMC are you using in Win10? I think I'm seeing why glugglug has different versions of Lineup Selector ... I'm going to have to try and set up a virtual Win8 machine.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:37 am

I'm using 6.3.9600.16384_x64_V12 (using the version numbering from the MyDigitalLife thread)
garyan2 wrote:Which version of WMC are you using in Win10? I think I'm seeing why glugglug has different versions of Lineup Selector ... I'm going to have to try and set up a virtual Win8 machine.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:12 am

All right, everyone ... looks like my v0.9.0 build automatch feature will only work with Win7 right now. For those running Win8 or Win8's version of WMC in Win10, please deselect the automatch checkbox. I'll see if I can build a Win8 version ... have to try and find a Media Center Pack.
- Gary

Ladislaus

Post by Ladislaus » Sat Mar 26, 2016 12:39 pm

garyan2 wrote:All right, everyone ... looks like my v0.9.0 build automatch feature will only work with Win7 right now. For those running Win8 or Win8's version of WMC in Win10, please deselect the automatch checkbox. I'll see if I can build a Win8 version ... have to try and find a Media Center Pack.
:cry:

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Sat Mar 26, 2016 1:51 pm

I just installed version 0.9 this morning and it went pretty smooth in Win 7 x64. The guide data populated fairly quick for the next two weeks. Now I just have to go back and set up all of my recordings again. I think I've got close to 100 series recordings and many of the shows are not currently airing so it could get to be a bit tedious. I'd love to see if someone could come up with a method for porting over the recording schedule from WMC. It's not that big of a deal, especially now that I have some peace of mind knowing that my guide data won't run out for as long as I keep my SD subscription active. I've reinstalled Windows 7 and set up WMC from scratch more times than I can count so this is no different.

FWIW, prior to installing EPG123 I noticed that my Rovi data hasn't updated in several days and only went out to April 1st. Perhaps the date was a clue.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 2:49 pm

I'm going to be working on a version for all you Win8/Win10 users ... hopefully out later today depending on the honeydos. Disappointing, but it actually pushed in a slightly different direction I was already thinking about. Plan on a quick functional release for win8, then a more refined one later for everyone.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 3:23 pm

choliscott wrote:I'm using 6.3.9600.16384_x64_V12 (using the version numbering from the MyDigitalLife thread)
garyan2 wrote:Which version of WMC are you using in Win10? I think I'm seeing why glugglug has different versions of Lineup Selector ... I'm going to have to try and set up a virtual Win8 machine.
Wow ... that is vast improvement since I last looked at the Win10/WMC effort. Is this version considered the version? I'm still working on installing VS2015 and my tuners on a virtual machine so I can build a working automatch for you guys. I'm hoping this next 0.9 build will cover both win8 and win10.
- Gary

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:33 pm

I think I spoke too soon. I totally forgot to check the Lineup 2 tab in the configuration screen that contained the list of local OTA channels. I had updated the listings for both my locals and FIOS channels on the Schedules Direct website prior to setting up epg123 to make sure they were current, but completely blanked during the configuration phase. I looked at the guide and many of my local HD channels are missing. I reran the epg123 configuration to make sure I checked all of the locals I wanted displayed and still no luck. What's weird is that some of the channels that are missing were checked even though I didn't manually configure them initially. I made sure I saved both lineups before executing them. All of the options in the boxes on the left side of the configuration screen are all checked and the time was set for daily updates. Right now I have about half of my locals available in HD and that's all. I record a lot of shows from my locals in HD so this is going to create a problem when trying to set up my recordings again.

One thing I forgot to mention was when I attempted to delete the eHome directory it cleared everything except the logs subdirectory. When I tried to open the logs folder it wouldn't let me access it, which I thought was strange. Hopefully it's not an issue and won't affect anything. I also manually edited the registry per the original instructions since there don;t seem to be any specific to using this version.
Last edited by captain_video on Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 4:41 pm

captain_video wrote:I think I spoke too soon. I totally forgot to check the Lineup 2 tab in the configuration screen that contained the list of local OTA channels. I had updated the listings for both my locals and FIOS channels on the Schedules Direct website prior to setting up epg123 to make sure they were current, but completely blanked during the configuration phase. I looked at the guide and many of my local HD channels are missing. I reran the epg123 configuration to make sure I checked all of the locals I wanted displayed and still no luck. What's weird is that some of the channels that are missing were checked even though I didn't manually configure them initially. I made sure I saved both lineups before executing them. All of the options in the boxes on the left side of the configuration screen are all checked and the time was set for daily updates. Right now I have about half of my locals available in HD and that's all. I record a lot of shows from my locals in HD so this is going to create a problem when trying to set up my recordings again.
The channels that were already checked are common between your FIOS lineup and your ATSC lineup. To update the guide you will have to execute epg123 again to download the added channels. If you executed, then check the guide setup to see if the channels are there, just not enabled.
- Gary

choliscott

Post by choliscott » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:22 pm

It is post #3360 in this thread http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... ost1200602
garyan2 wrote:
choliscott wrote:I'm using 6.3.9600.16384_x64_V12 (using the version numbering from the MyDigitalLife thread)
Wow ... that is vast improvement since I last looked at the Win10/WMC effort. Is this version considered the version? I'm still working on installing VS2015 and my tuners on a virtual machine so I can build a working automatch for you guys. I'm hoping this next 0.9 build will cover both win8 and win10.

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:24 pm

captain_video wrote:I had updated the listings for both my locals and FIOS channels on the Schedules Direct website prior to setting up epg123 to make sure they were current, but completely blanked during the configuration phase. I looked at the guide and many of my local HD channels are missing.
The Schedules Direct website is to configure the XML service. EPG123 uses the JSON service, which is driven by an API, so if EPG123 wants to download data for a station it just downloads it. If you don't want data for a channel, then it's up to the client to not download it, and hide it in your local EPG, or just show blanks, or whatever.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 5:45 pm

To Crash2009 and choliscott: just PM'd you links to epg123 v0.9.0 for your systems ... let me know how it works! (worked on my test bed)
- Gary

KenL

Post by KenL » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:43 pm

Ran v0.9.0b1 without incident on Win7 64.

Noticed the extra step: retrieve generic description metadata for 7072 series but didn't notice how search(?) behavior changed with that.

Surprise killer feature is the remove unmatched channels. The unused blocks were easy enough but I have a number of unselected channels scattered throughout. Now we only need deselect channels once, in EPG123 config.

Looking great. :thumbup:

DaveInPa

Post by DaveInPa » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:10 pm

[Using Win7 x64 with cablecard tuners only]

Ran v0.9.0 when I first got it as an update and it played well with existing data!

Today, I started fresh and removed all guide data (deleted eHome directory)
Then ran TV Setup in WMC
Then ran epg123 (after removing cache and channel lineup files) and reselected lineup - to test fresh install.
Selected all the check boxes for program options
Save and Execute

Worked great. Matched channels. All channels in my selected lineup were in the guide (and nothing else)

Note: I had been using a couple of Schedules Direct logos from the early version of EPG123. They are no longer in the lineup. No big deal. I found new logos for those few channels.

Search works great! Guide, Metadata all work great as in Ver 7.6.0

No problems or errors for my setup.

Thanks for this amazing program!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:12 pm

KenL wrote:Noticed the extra step: retrieve generic description metadata for 7072 series but didn't notice how search(?) behavior changed with that.
You will only notice the generic descriptions in your search results. There is a disparity however in that Gracenote provides up to 1000 characters, while WMC only allows 512 characters ... some will be cut off as in below.
genericDescriptions.png
- Gary

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Sat Mar 26, 2016 8:13 pm

garyan2 wrote:
captain_video wrote:I think I spoke too soon. I totally forgot to check the Lineup 2 tab in the configuration screen that contained the list of local OTA channels. I had updated the listings for both my locals and FIOS channels on the Schedules Direct website prior to setting up epg123 to make sure they were current, but completely blanked during the configuration phase. I looked at the guide and many of my local HD channels are missing. I reran the epg123 configuration to make sure I checked all of the locals I wanted displayed and still no luck. What's weird is that some of the channels that are missing were checked even though I didn't manually configure them initially. I made sure I saved both lineups before executing them. All of the options in the boxes on the left side of the configuration screen are all checked and the time was set for daily updates. Right now I have about half of my locals available in HD and that's all. I record a lot of shows from my locals in HD so this is going to create a problem when trying to set up my recordings again.
The channels that were already checked are common between your FIOS lineup and your ATSC lineup. To update the guide you will have to execute epg123 again to download the added channels. If you executed, then check the guide setup to see if the channels are there, just not enabled.
I've run epg123 four times with the same results. Channels 11.1 (NBC) and 13.1 (CBS) are both enabled on the Schedules Direct website for my local Baltimore OTA lineup. They are also selected and saved in the epg123 lineup. After running epg123 I get all of my other HD locals and their subchannels except for the two I mentioned. The channels are also available in my FIOS lineup, but I like to pad all of my recordings and there are some nights where its maxing out my available tuners due to the overlap.

I'm going through the entire setup again from scratch. This time I was able to delete the eHome directory with no problems so maybe that was the issue. I'm running the TV signal setup right now so I'll let you know how it goes.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:19 pm

captain_video wrote:I've run epg123 four times with the same results. Channels 11.1 (NBC) and 13.1 (CBS) are both enabled on the Schedules Direct website for my local Baltimore OTA lineup. They are also selected and saved in the epg123 lineup. After running epg123 I get all of my other HD locals and their subchannels except for the two I mentioned. The channels are also available in my FIOS lineup, but I like to pad all of my recordings and there are some nights where its maxing out my available tuners due to the overlap.

I'm going through the entire setup again from scratch. This time I was able to delete the eHome directory with no problems so maybe that was the issue. I'm running the TV signal setup right now so I'll let you know how it goes.
If it still doesn't work, could you send me your lineup so I can recreate it here? I'll try to see what is going on.
- Gary

captain_video

Post by captain_video » Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:57 pm

garyan2 wrote:
captain_video wrote:I've run epg123 four times with the same results. Channels 11.1 (NBC) and 13.1 (CBS) are both enabled on the Schedules Direct website for my local Baltimore OTA lineup. They are also selected and saved in the epg123 lineup. After running epg123 I get all of my other HD locals and their subchannels except for the two I mentioned. The channels are also available in my FIOS lineup, but I like to pad all of my recordings and there are some nights where its maxing out my available tuners due to the overlap.

If it still doesn't work, could you send me your lineup so I can recreate it here? I'll try to see what is going on.
I just reran it from scratch with the same results. What's strange is that WMC runs a channel scan at the end of the TV signal setup and the two channels in question aren't showing up. I checked the channels in the SiliconDust app and they are being received just fine.

What files do you need me to upload and where are they located?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Mar 26, 2016 10:03 pm

captain_video wrote:
garyan2 wrote:

I just reran it from scratch with the same results. What's strange is that WMC runs a channel scan at the end of the TV signal setup and the two channels in question aren't showing up. I checked the channels in the SiliconDust app and they are being received just fine.

What files do you need me to upload and where are they located?
Aha, I think we may have a same issue ... what is the physical frequency of the channels you are trying to receive. This has been bugging the crap out of me for a long time, but WMC will not scan VHF frequencies (2 - 13) for some reason. I have to manually add the channels (my 9.1, 9.2, and 9.3) every time I run setup.

If you don't know what the physical channel is, you can go to tvfool.com, check your address (only need zip code) and look at the results.
- Gary