Introducing EPG123

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: http://epg123.garyan2.net <> Setup guide here: http://epg123.garyan2.net/downloads/epg123_Guide.pdf
Einstien

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: Introducing EPG123

Post by Einstien » Sat Dec 22, 2018 1:20 am

Long time greenbutton reader, now a new member.
Thanks for a great great product!!! I had been looking at it for about a year, and when my old WMC HTPC recently crashed and burned, I decided to build a whole new machine and roll up my sleeves and give EPG123 a go. Well, after trying it out myself, I installed it on my parents WMC HTPC and my sisters WMC HTPC. I made a well deserved donation.
I deviated a bit from the installation manual however on page 13, where it states adding OTA channels via WMC Tasks->settings, and instead used your channel guide tool. I added the channels and then matched them on the right hand 'guide data' pane to get the subscribed data. It was a lengthy process but with the Silicondust OTA tuner software and your guide tool I was able to match all virtual to physical scanned channels. I even enabled the channels that have no guide data using your guide tool, since I, like youself said, I want it all.
The "Tweak WMC" is a really cool feature. My parents needed larger fonts!
One question I have never found an answer to though, even in registry settings, and I thought maybe you could help. Is there a way to lengthen the mini guide timeout. It times out too soon. I've never found a way to change that.
You saved WMC! Thanks for breathing new life into WMC and making it fun again.
We use Roku to get the On Demand shows, and have noticed that star ratings are not on the cable provider's guide, you do not get star ratings from Roku, you do not get star ratings using ON Demand, you don't even get them when you go to the individual networks. Star ratings is an extrmelely attractive feature. I gave my family the nickle tour of your gallery before installing it for them, and showed them your posting 'Introduction to EPG' in the forum as I find it very interesting. It is a remarkable feat to bring together all the resources you used and bring them together into an easy WMC import process. I am very impressed. I actually now just bought some "backup tuners" for all of us, just in case ours fail, now that WMC is so good gain! Wow!!! (Sorry for being so long.)