Data not available

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
zanyman

HTPC Specs: Show details

Data not available

Post by zanyman » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:07 pm

Have used EPG 123 with Schedules Direct ever since WMC dropped it's Data. Came home after spending winter in Florida. Found that data had disappeared. Ran Client software a couple times then gave up for a few days. I could still get the stations, just no data. Then last night, there was all the data. Ran the TV for a few hours. This morning, ran the TV for about an hour, then my Computer crashed. Restart the computer, and after a few minutes, it crashes again. It will only run for a few minutes, then seems that EPG may be crashing the computer. Guess I'll run the Client again unless you have another suggestion.

zanyman

Post by zanyman » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:23 am

Well ran the Client thing again. same thing happens, TV will run for a few minutes, then the computer crashes. Have found that trying to reach any web page gives hhhmmmm, can't reach that page. So guess I have an issue with the computer also. So now, we have no TV.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:19 am

I'm not sure why you would think what you are seeing is an EPG problem. It sounds like your system is having problems. If it crashes when you are scrolling through the guide, then there may be something there but it wouldn't be just you having the problem. If it is crashing while watching TV, then it is nothing to do with the guide data.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Fri Mar 25, 2022 5:09 am

Sounds like it is a system issue, one thing to try is to repair any corrupt system file in Windows using:

SFC /scannow

From a CMD windows running as Administrator.

But if it is a hardware issue, that may not do anything or will only be a temporary solution.

If it is a disk issue, you can try running the manufacturer's (of the disk) diagnostic program to see if it reports anything.

sgbroimp

Post by sgbroimp » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:49 pm

Couldn't he check in the error reporting feature on Win7 or whatever he is running? Could he perhaps use System Restore? I am no PC Guru, but I have done this much at least and it helped.

zanyman

Post by zanyman » Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:21 pm

garyan2 wrote: Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:19 am I'm not sure why you would think what you are seeing is an EPG problem. It sounds like your system is having problems. If it crashes when you are scrolling through the guide, then there may be something there but it wouldn't be just you having the problem. If it is crashing while watching TV, then it is nothing to do with the guide data.
My system has been running for several days now. Everything runs fine. Computer is a self built. I've done the scf /scannow and the restore thing. Still, system crashes after a few minutes on EPG. Seems I can run anything but EPG. Gary, I love your program but am dum founded at why this issue.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:47 pm

Let's clear up a few things. What do you mean by running EPG (scrolling through the guide, or watching TV, or...)? What version of EPG123 are you running?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

zanyman

Post by zanyman » Tue Mar 29, 2022 7:49 pm

garyan2 wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 11:47 pm Let's clear up a few things. What do you mean by running EPG (scrolling through the guide, or watching TV, or...)? What version of EPG123 are you running?
Version is 1.3.9 Crash occurs when TV is running. Under scannow, report is that there are corrupted files but not able to repair. Computer is a fairly old self built with Windows 7. Have the original installation disc. Am considering reinstalling.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:14 pm

Crashing while playing video to the TV via WMC is not an EPG problem. I would suspect something like the video card starting to fail or overheating. One quick thing to try is to make sure fans are working and blow the dust out/off the cards/components.

zanyman

Post by zanyman » Thu Nov 02, 2023 5:43 pm

Lost data again. Had been getting the old Microsoft warning about data to be dropped? Any suggestions? I do know that our subscription is good until sometime in March 2004.