Unable to tune a channel in my subscription

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sancho

HTPC Specs: Show details

Unable to tune a channel in my subscription

Post by Sancho » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:02 pm

I'll try to keep this brief.

With Comcast one can stream via their website or app channels to which one is subscribed. Comcast is transitioning away from their old 1-999 channel scheme into one that utilizes channels above 999. Some new channels are only added into the new scheme (e.g., 1212). I saw one such channel and figured I'd be able to tune to it, but WMC gives various messages when I try (the current one is "Service is unavailable. "There is currently no TV signal detected for this channel. The channel may be temporarily off the air. Try again later." I've seen at least one different message previously).

Of course, when I stream it, it works. I've checked Client GUI and the channel is listed in both left and right sides, and is checked. That, I assume, means Schedules Direct has it, and epg123 has downloaded and added it.

Is there something I can do in the Client to force it, or is this a 1-800-COMCAST issue?

Thanks.

kkingsto

Post by kkingsto » Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 pm

Did you try scanning for your channels on your tuner?

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:07 pm

kkingsto wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 pm Did you try scanning for your channels on your tuner?
No, I only checked to see if the channel exists in the client and is active. I'm not sure what you mean exactly. How would I do that? In the Client?

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:15 pm

OK, this is probably a local Comcast problem. I checked the Channel Map via the Ceton InfiniTV web app. That channel is not listed. So maybe it should be, as SD has it and epg123 grabs it, but Comcast probably hasn't added it in my zip code yet. I'll call them.

If anyone thinks I'm wrong and knows of some way to force it, I'm all ears. If not, you can ignore this topic.

stuartm

Post by stuartm » Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:53 pm

The channel may be an IPTV channel. I believe in some (maybe all) markets Comcast is introducing channels that are IPTV only and will only come in via their boxes or via their streaming service. They won't be accessible via cable card.

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:43 pm

Thanks. That seems to be the case via the Comcast forum. It's not a big deal, as I can always stream it should I really want to watch it, and any other IPTV channels I come across.

kkingsto

Post by kkingsto » Thu Nov 05, 2020 8:45 pm

Sancho wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 5:07 pm
kkingsto wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 4:11 pm Did you try scanning for your channels on your tuner?
No, I only checked to see if the channel exists in the client and is active. I'm not sure what you mean exactly. How would I do that? In the Client?
I have an HDHomeRun, and there's an option in the device's webpage to "Scan channels". This is in the tuner itself, not EPG123 or WMC.