Processing more than 4 lineups

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Tunes0710

HTPC Specs: Show details

Processing more than 4 lineups

Post by Tunes0710 » Sun May 17, 2020 12:59 pm

Whilst going through and manually mapping channels to their relevant SD channel, it would appear that my service has channels that are spread over multiple SD lineups (more than 4).

The easiest way around this would be for me to use EPG123, and then purchase an additional SD account and use a.n.other SD to XMLTV software to grab the additional lineups, and then import both of those resultant XMLTV files in to xteve.

However I noticed that SD allow the addition of 6 lineup changes per 24 hours, so wondered if it would be possible for EPG123 to do the heavy lifting and automate the processing of this.

i.e. using the preview ability of SD, pick the lineups required, and split them in to batches.
Batch 1 contains 4 lineups
Batch 2 contains 4 different lineups.

As the lineups for batch 1 are already registered on SD, process those and output result to XML1.
Automatically remove the 4 lineups in batch 1 and add the 4 lineups in batch 2.
Then process the lineups again and save the output to XML2.

Then the next run (the next day), the lineups saved in SD are for batch 2, so process those and output those to XML2, then remove those 4 and add in the lineups from batch 1, and process those to XML1

That way, there are only 4 changes per 24 hours, keeping within the SD allowed amount.
I know there are people from SD on the forum, so a confirmation from them that this isn't/wouldn't violate their TOS would be good, or at least make me aware that my suggestion isn't allowed!

Or as an alternative solution, going back to having 2 SD accounts. Give the user the ability to save the config to a file and launch EPG123 with a command line of -config <config.file>
This would let users create 2 (or more) configs for EPG123 and then they could each be run from a batch file/scheduled task to create 2 XML files which I could then import in to xteve and allow full channel coverage.

Just a thought... is this something that may be possible? if not, I can always use my original idea of 2 SD accounts and 2 different software solutions, but if it's possible to keep it all in 1, so much the better :-)

Cheers.

Space

Post by Space » Sun May 17, 2020 6:57 pm

You may want to contact SchedulesDirect to see if they would be willing to set up a special lineup for you that includes all the channels you need.

rmeden

Post by rmeden » Wed May 20, 2020 4:23 am

If your IPTV Service is legitimate, have them contact us and we can work with Gracenote to create an actual lineup. They have worked with some IPTV services.

If your service (and you) are stealing content, then we don't want to be involved with you or your provider. We stay away from the pirates.

If we detect abuse or violations of our terms of service, we reserve the right to cancel your account, in order to protect our Gracenote contract and continue to serve non-commercial application users who depend upon us. Our predecessor service was shut down partially due to abuse.

Robert Eden
President, Schedules Direct.

Tunes0710

Post by Tunes0710 » Wed May 20, 2020 4:46 pm

Thank you for the clarification.
I actually found a lineup which had everything I needed, it was my lack of experience with EPG123 and SD, but after previewing what was available, I found what works perfectly with my HDHomeRun, TBS6909 and Sling