Fraction of Channels in WMC Showing Up in Extender Guide

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
essinger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Fraction of Channels in WMC Showing Up in Extender Guide

Post by essinger » Tue Feb 11, 2020 4:28 pm

I have recently set up EPG123 and am very much enjoying using it (Thank you Gary!)

However I'm having a strange issue I've never encountered before. In the guide listing using WMC (Win 81. Pro) I see 291 channels, but on my extender (XBox 360) I only see 31 channels in the guide. I can still search all 291 channels on the extender using search. I can record those channels and watch them. If a movie is in the movie guide I can still find it for channels not showing in the guide listing and I have no problem watching those channels from the movie guide.

It's always the same 31 channels, but I can't really find a common denominator for the channels that show up. It does seem like a large percentage of the channels that show are channels that use copy protection; all my Starz Encore and ScreenPix show up. But some of my local station channels show as well while others don't.

Obviously I have no idea what is causing the issue so it might not even be an EPG123 issue, I have many more channels in my listing with EPG123 than I had on the old system. I did a search of old posts but couldn't find any with an issue like this, though it seems strange I would be the only person with this issue since I have a very standard vanilla setup.

Does anybody have an idea what may be causing so many channels to not show in the extender guide or any recommendations on how to troubleshoot/fix it? Thanks.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Feb 11, 2020 10:52 pm

In the top right of the guide on the extender, does it say 'guide' or something else?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Space

Post by Space » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:07 am

Yeah, Gary is probably correct, although if you used the EPG123 Tweak Tool to make the guide have a lot of rows, it might not show the favorite name in the upper right corner.

In the guide, use the left arrow key to move all the way to the left and make sure you choose "all" as your favorite, this should make the guide display all your channels that aren't disabled. You can also be in the guide with a program slot highlighted and press left mouse button (or the "info" button on the remote or ctrl-d on the keyboard) and then select the "Favorites" option (not sure of the full name).

When you have a particular favorite list chosen, the guide will only show the channels that are in that favorite list, so you need to choose "all" as your favorite to display all the channels.

essinger

Post by essinger » Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 am

Yeah, thanks. That was it. Stuck on Most Viewed, not something I'm used to I guess because I only had a few channels saved before.