Missing UK Data

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Geoffreysb

HTPC Specs: Show details

Missing UK Data

Post by Geoffreysb » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:39 pm

In the last few weeks, some of my regular channels have started showing ‘No Data Available’ - True Entertainment, Movies for Men, Film 4, Yesterday, More 4, True Movies and most of the ‘+1’ channels. I’m on Freeview (Rowridge) which defaults to Freeview (South). There is often missing data for the odd day, but not this long and for this number of channels.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:57 pm

Geoffreysb wrote: Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:39 pm In the last few weeks, some of my regular channels have started showing ‘No Data Available’ - True Entertainment, Movies for Men, Film 4, Yesterday, More 4, True Movies and most of the ‘+1’ channels. I’m on Freeview (Rowridge) which defaults to Freeview (South). There is often missing data for the odd day, but not this long and for this number of channels.
I'm not seeing any issue here. Below is a snapshot of all the stations you mentioned. Is there anything in the trace.log file to indicate a problem?
Freeview_South.png
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

aquadextrous

Post by aquadextrous » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:43 pm

I’ve checked those channels too and they run to Friday 12th which is about right. In the last few weeks there were more than usual number of gaps in the schedules for various channels but that got sorted pretty quick.

I’m not sure how long you’ve been using SD for epg data so apologies if this is info you already know but the UK data doesn’t get added on a rolling basis like most epg providers. It’s only added at the weekend for the next 14 days. So it’s normal for the guide to fall down to 7 days and then jump back up to 14 at the weekend. They do seem to update the existing days to any schedule changes on a rolling basis, but not add new days. Not sure why they do it this way. Several people have asked but they never do anything different.

Hope this info helps.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:24 pm

Yeah, I've asked about this several times both here and in the SD forums. The schedule gradually reduces down to 7 days (or sometimes less) and then jumps back up to 14 days once it updates. Sometimes if the weekend update doesn't come through it can drop down to 5 days before getting an update the next weekday.

Never really got a answer as to why we can't have daily rolling updates (as I believe ad hoc listing changes are pushed out when required). The rolling guide data exists because it can be found in other sources. It can be a pain if you are away for a long period as you then need a remote access solution to schedule any one off recordings.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1