Suggestion: display "favorites" name on tweaked Guide

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
DSperber

HTPC Specs: Show details

Suggestion: display "favorites" name on tweaked Guide

Post by DSperber » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:37 pm

I believe with the original untouched WMC Guide format the name of the currently selected Favorites channel lineup subset used to be presented on the Guide. You might have five different Favorites lists, and it was helpful to actually see the name of the currently selected Favorites list subset while you were browsing through the Guide.

At some point, the current Favorites list name disappeared. I don't know if it came with My Channel Logos and its ability to increase the number of rows and columns along with some other GUI modifications, or it appeared with EPG123's new Client "WMC tweaks" functionality to adjust things even further. Whatever the explanation, it's definitely not shown in my own Guide format which is a grid providing 10 rows of 3 hours of programs.

Would it be possible to place the current Favorites list name somewhere, like say maybe in the lower-right corner or perhaps somewhere else it might fit? Doesn't have to be in a large font, smaller would be fine. But just seeing what Favorites list is operating is information that I now miss, since it's now gone.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 4:42 pm

DSperber wrote:I believe with the original untouched WMC Guide format the name of the currently selected Favorites channel lineup subset used to be presented on the Guide. You might have five different Favorites lists, and it was helpful to actually see the name of the currently selected Favorites list subset while you were browsing through the Guide.

At some point, the current Favorites list name disappeared. I don't know if it came with My Channel Logos and its ability to increase the number of rows and columns along with some other GUI modifications, or it appeared with EPG123's new Client "WMC tweaks" functionality to adjust things even further. Whatever the explanation, it's definitely not shown in my own Guide format which is a grid providing 10 rows of 3 hours of programs.

Would it be possible to place the current Favorites list name somewhere, like say maybe in the lower-right corner or perhaps somewhere else it might fit? Doesn't have to be in a large font, smaller would be fine. But just seeing what Favorites list is operating is information that I now miss, since it's now gone.
If you change your row count to 9, does it show back up? Depending on your settings, you can "squeeze" the page title out. I will reduce the font size only to a point and then not show it.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 5:14 pm

Looked at your picture a bit better on the laptop instead of the phone. If you want to keep 10 rows, you can also reduce the row height to be 1.75X and the page title will come back.
10r175xguide.PNG
Also of note, the latest versions of epg123 will give you a larger image in the guide view and some more options with the station logos.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:58 pm

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Changed number of rows from 10 to 9 (with EPG123 Client tweak, though I believe I could also have done it with My Channel Logos), and sure enough the Favorites title returned to upper-right corner of the screen. I have no problem with 9 rows.

Also, I do see that the program picture at the bottom is much larger than before.

Excellent! Case closed. Thank you for the tip.