Thanks for your comments. I really appreciate knowing how other people use Typecast and getting different points of view.
1. This is working as designed. Even if a search is unchecked, its actions will be processed. I considered whether actions should still happen in unchecked searches, and I decided that the check box will only indicate whether a search's results are displayed--e-mails and reminders will still happen. My reasoning is that if the user doesn't want actions to happen, they should remove them from the search. The check boxes are only for the user to quickly reduce clutter in their results. For example, to see all of the upcoming soccer matches, they can click the Toggle All
button, check their "Soccer" search, and then click the Toggle All
button again when they're done. In my case, I have some searches that are only to e-mail other family members about shows they're interested in, so I have them unchecked because I don't want to see their results, but I still want the e-mails to go out.
2. You should get one e-mail per schedule--and, yes, if a program has multiple schedules, you'll get an e-mail for each of them. If you want fewer e-mails, you'll have to tighten the search (perhaps restricting it to only HD
programs). I understand why you might want a consolidated e-mail, but some people might want one per schedule, so I'll have to consider which way I want to go with that. (It's more difficult to consolidate, of course, because the plugin would have to buffer all of the e-mails, and how would it know when there won't be any more so it should send it?)
3. Having said that, you should definitely not
receive multiple e-mails for the same show and start time (unless, of course, you've added multiple actions or it appears in multiple searches that also have actions). For example, you could request an e-mail one day in advance, another two days in advance, and yet another three days in advance. In that case, if you don't open Typecast for a few days, you could get all three e-mails at once.
If you're getting multiple e-mails for the same show (same title and start time), can you use the Support
page on 12noon.com to send me the following:
1. Right-click the schedule you got multiple e-mails for, select Copy to Clipboard, and paste that into an e-mail or text file and send it to me.
2. Send me the Typecast.xml
3. Send me the Typecast.exe.config
file from the most recent "app-2.8.##" folder in C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Typecast\app-2.8.##\Typecast.exe.config
4. Send me two of the duplicate e-mail notifications.
5. If you can, please include when you last ran Typecast or how long it'd been closed?
Thanks again for your comments!