Scheduled task runs but does not update guide data

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Hagrinas

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by Hagrinas » Thu Jun 20, 2019 1:30 am

garyan2 wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:02 am
sptrainman wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:34 am What I meant is that service name/subscribed lineup are blank for the 1005 entry on the left side. The numbers are matched from left to right sides.
Jerry
That's how I understood it. You don't have any guide listings assigned to channel 1005. By clicking the Match by: [# Number] button, it will assign it automatically. If your task had 'Automatically match...' or 'Automatch' enabled, it would have done it automatically. You can also manually highlight channel 1005 on the left, highlight channel 1005 on the right, right-click one of them and select 'Subscribe' to do it manually.
Sorry to jump into the middle of a thread here, and I no longer have a problem, but I would like to point out that this helped me. I found it in a search after going crazy and not finding a solution in the manual. It would be worth considering whether a documentation change would be useful.

The "Automatically match" related check boxes are grayed out, presumably because I've been running the scheduled task for years, and it never occurred to me that they'd be relevant, but I had missing lineups for some channels and couldn't get anything working. Clicking on " Match by: [# Number] button" fixed it. I never would have figured that out from what's in the manual but it made sense based on this answer. Perhaps something in the manual indicating that this will help if "Automatically match" was not selected, but less cryptically than how I said it.

I assume that those others are grayed out because the task would need to be rescheduled in order to add them, but that's not the type of thing that an end user might think about. If they weren't grayed out, I might have tried it, then ideally the software could replace the scheduled task if that's what's needed, or at minimum give a message that the task must be rescheduled (removed and reestablished) for the change to take place.

Either way, I'm glad that I found this thread and this particular answer, but for somebody whose lineup hasn't changed for years who might suddenly be interested in a missing channel, it could be clearer. Overall, the documentation is great.