Did a clean install and now Channel Logos aren't showing up

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
ppilot

HTPC Specs: Show details

Did a clean install and now Channel Logos aren't showing up

Post by ppilot » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:39 pm

So after having issues with the database not updating correctly with the latest update, I decided to just do a clean install using the functionality in EPG. Everything went smoothly except for the fact that none of the channel logos are showing up despite the "download channel logos from SD" option being selected.

Am I missing something from a setup standpoint? I remember the process being pretty straight forward the last time I did a clean install.

Thanks!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 5:11 pm

It is pretty straight forward, but you might want to check a few things.

What version are you running? The option 'download and include logos from SD' hasn't existed since v1.1.17, I think. To include logos in the latest version, the option 'Include station logos from Schedules Direct' should be selected. If that option is selected, the logos are actually embedded in the mxf file so there is no reason for them to not show in the guide unless you have something installed that is preventing it. Do you see the callsigns where the logos should be?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:18 pm

I am running 1.2.5 and here's a link to a couple pictures showing my guide and my EPG123 setup:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/CRGyGzoNHLp9fz5s5

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:44 pm

Open the client GUI and take a look at the left side. In the 'Subscribed Lineup' column for all your channels, you should see a lineup name starting with EPG123. If you do not see it start with EPG123, then you are not using the guide provided by EPG123.

I suspect you accepted the guide terms of service and are looking at Rovi data. That is the reason you don't see the logos. A giveaway to me was the image for 'Broken Arrow' is not your movie poster 2x3 aspect, but is a 4x3 image. Also a giveaway is the name for 'msnbc HDTV' is 'MSNBC HD' from Gracenote/Schedules Direct.
- Gary

ppilot

Post by ppilot » Mon Sep 17, 2018 3:50 pm

And you were correct! Redid the setup bypassing Rovi and everything worked.

Fantastic support as always.

user001

Post by user001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 12:32 am

Had x.5 updated to x.9 after WMC reported NO TUNERS FOUND error
After resetting WMC and setting up again SELECTING NO to ROVI data, my logo area is blank.
Well after another run of EPG123, I have ONLY numbers but NO logo or station name.

In client view, EPG123 is shown.
I DID try to rebuild WMC DB also.
Had to use tuner increase for some reason again (likely because of the reset)
Ran EPG123 again and still only channel numbers in the cell.
Attachments
guide3.PNG
config2.PNG
client1.PNG

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:00 am

The fact that you don't see the station name means WMC recognizes you have logos. It's either one or the other... don't know why logos aren't showing, though. Do you have MCL XL, or something to customize WMC installed?

Could you use the client to [Tweak WMC], click the [Default] button and then open WMC to see if the logos show back up?
- Gary

user001

Post by user001 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:49 am

garyan2 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:00 am The fact that you don't see the station name means WMC recognizes you have logos. It's either one or the other... don't know why logos aren't showing, though. Do you have MCL XL, or something to customize WMC installed?

Could you use the client to [Tweak WMC], click the [Default] button and then open WMC to see if the logos show back up?
I do have MCL XL installed. Hasn't been run recently.
I live with ppl that demand it just work and they were VERY upset it was messed up, so I simply restored a drive image when it was fine. So I am back to v.xxx2.5. Logos are back and I ran an update to refresh data from my Nov backup.

So you can ignore this post for now I suppose. I rolled back to drive backup from 11/2018.

As a side note, I am now very hesitant to update EPG123.

Hagrinas

Post by Hagrinas » Fri Sep 30, 2022 7:06 pm

garyan2 wrote: Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:00 am The fact that you don't see the station name means WMC recognizes you have logos. It's either one or the other... don't know why logos aren't showing, though. Do you have MCL XL, or something to customize WMC installed?

It's working fine for me, but for the sake of anybody else who is having the problem who is reading this...

I had My Channel Logos installed (pre XL version). Hadn't used it in years. Had the logo problem for as long as I had EPG123. Used the client and hit the [default] button and it's fixed. I suspect that MCL must have changed something, way back.