SiliconDust Premium TV

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
Sammy2

HTPC Specs: Show details

SiliconDust Premium TV

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:16 pm

Can a guide be added here? From what I can tell is this grabs a tuner from the pool on my HDHR Connect Quatro so should be maybe doable in WMC?

https://www.silicondust.com/premium-tv/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Sun Aug 19, 2018 10:26 pm

See your looking into it already Gary! Nice work.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

SciFiGeek

Post by SciFiGeek » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:22 am

I have not tried SD Premium (yet?)... I saw the lineup was added to Schedule Direct. Has anybody set this up?

Aside: Spectrum is trying to figure out SDV here still and I am over calling for cablecard refreshes. They killed the direct number for cablecard support. I am fuming, dvr boxes can be reset via automated attendant, I need a meatbag from a hold queue. 30 minutes from the start of the callback during primetime.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:36 am

SciFiGeek wrote:I have not tried SD Premium (yet?)... I saw the lineup was added to Schedule Direct. Has anybody set this up?

Aside: Spectrum is trying to figure out SDV here still and I am over calling for cablecard refreshes. They killed the direct number for cablecard support. I am fuming, dvr boxes can be reset via automated attendant, I need a meatbag from a hold queue. 30 minutes from the start of the callback during primetime.
PremiumTV doesn't work in WMC but works great with Emby.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

embj

Post by embj » Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 am

SciFiGeek wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:22 am Aside: Spectrum is trying to figure out SDV here still and I am over calling for cablecard refreshes. They killed the direct number for cablecard support. I am fuming, dvr boxes can be reset via automated attendant, I need a meatbag from a hold queue. 30 minutes from the start of the callback during primetime.
Is 866-532-2598 the number you're dialing for CC support? That's the number I used to dial for TWC--seems to still connect for me and says it's for Cable Card Support.

SciFiGeek

Post by SciFiGeek » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:54 pm

embj wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 am Is 866-532-2598 the number you're dialing for CC support? That's the number I used to dial for TWC--seems to still connect for me and says it's for Cable Card Support.
Yes, I called 8:29 ECT Monday Dec 3, 2018 and I was answered by regular automated attendant,had to do a call back and I think my call was routed ultimately to the cable card department. I requested a call back because Ceton PCIE setup is a total PITA because everytime SDV quits working or starts working on the network it requires a reboot and sometimes the stupid cable card and TA sync signals. I think they all call the sync /acknowledge signals different things or maybe my memory is not good enough anymore.

I had a call back... Automated attendant said 10 minutes at end of call, original call was 4m 25s duration... I received a call back from 800-892-2253 at 8:39 or closer to 5-6 minutes based on start and duration. That call was 38m 40s. 5 minutes or so related to machine reboot alone. My system will not shutdown properly or start up with the Moto / Arris TA powered on. Usually an infrequent annoyance and something I was chasing down before s several month long distraction, now Christmas season distraction and other urgent things put off. I have rebooted I want to say 5 times Tuesday to Saturday due to Cable tuning problems. Not sure if they quit futzing with stuff after weekdays or keeping a channel locked in for hours at a time fixed it (at least I hope so). OTA tuners all working fine although at least one recording had some interference - an entirely other issue that I intend to solve by calling Dish for an outdoor antenna after holiday expenses. $150 and I bet I pick up the next market stations even if I never get my own CBS and CW reliably (local is same numbered channel, VHF broadcast at foot of hill that is between me and broadcast).

I know SDV quits because sometimes I forget to turn the TA on and my service works on all channels. I also check the TA page for the Ceton and it indicates it is not resolving sometimes while tuning... Therefore it is sometimes off. I'd rather it be off. But if it is going to be on, ensure it stays up. I got in an argument with the tech about the fact it is being switched off and on. I eventually asked for a call back from a supervisor... Now Sunday, I do not think that is happening. Since SDV rollout my system reboots due to tuning issues are way up and generally before OTA was weird when cable was weird indicating a host problem. Still extraordinarily rare and I think less so - probably staying in the clear due to SDV reboots. Hence my opinion that they are still trying to figure it out.

SciFiGeek

Post by SciFiGeek » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:56 pm

embj wrote: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:41 am Is 866-532-2598 the number you're dialing for CC support? That's the number I used to dial for TWC--seems to still connect for me and says it's for Cable Card Support.
Yes, I called 8:29 ECT Monday Dec 3, 2018 and I was answered by regular automated attendant,had to do a call back and I think my call was routed ultimately to the cable card department. I requested a call back because Ceton PCIE setup is a total PITA because everytime SDV quits working or starts working on the network it requires a reboot and sometimes the stupid cable card and TA sync signals. I think they all call the sync /acknowledge signals different things or maybe my memory is not good enough anymore.

I had a call back... Automated attendant said 10 minutes at end of call, original call was 4m 25s duration... I received a call back from 800-892-2253 at 8:39 or closer to 5-6 minutes based on start and duration. That call was 38m 40s. 5 minutes or so related to machine reboot alone. My system will not shutdown properly or start up with the Moto / Arris TA powered on. Usually an infrequent annoyance and something I was chasing down before s several month long distraction, now Christmas season distraction and other urgent things put off. I have rebooted I want to say 5 times Tuesday to Saturday due to Cable tuning problems. Not sure if they quit futzing with stuff after weekdays or keeping a channel locked in for hours at a time fixed it (at least I hope so). OTA tuners all working fine although at least one recording had some interference - an entirely other issue that I intend to solve by calling Dish for an outdoor antenna after holiday expenses. $150 and I bet I pick up the next market stations even if I never get my own CBS and CW reliably (local is same numbered channel, VHF broadcast at foot of hill that is between me and broadcast).

I know SDV quits because sometimes I forget to turn the TA on and my service works on all channels. I also check the TA page for the Ceton and it indicates it is not resolving sometimes while tuning... Therefore it is sometimes off. I'd rather it be off. But if it is going to be on, ensure it stays up. I got in an argument with the tech about the fact it is being switched off and on. I eventually asked for a call back from a supervisor... Now Sunday, I do not think that is happening. Since SDV rollout my system reboots due to tuning issues are way up and generally before OTA was weird when cable was weird indicating a host problem. Still extraordinarily rare and I think less so - probably staying in the clear due to SDV reboots. Hence my opinion that they are still trying to figure it out.