Cablevision HD Channels and Lineup Changes in EPG123

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Cablevision HD Channels and Lineup Changes in EPG123

Post by garyan2 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 8:32 pm

It appears that Cablevision is directing Gracenote/Nielsen to add/modify lineups. This is causing many users to lose all their HD channels in the 700s. Below is a step by step procedure to change lineups within EPG123 for a specific change if you are impacted by these changes. The method below is also appropriate for any kind of general lineup changes due to moving or cutting cable or whatnot.

1) Open the EPG123 Configuration GUI and click the [Lineups] button.
2) In the 'Subscribed Lineups' window, click the box beside your OLD lineup you wish to remove and click the [Remove Selected] button.
3) Click the [Add New] button.
4) Enter your zipcode in the 'Postal Code' text field and click the [Fetch] button.
5) Double-click the NEW lineup you wish to add.
6) Click the [Apply & Exit] button.
7) Select the channels you wish to download from the new lineup.
8) Click [Save & Execute] button and wait for the build to complete.

I assume you are setup to automatically import the mxf file. If not, perform a manual import per the guide.

9) Open the EPG123 Client GUI.
10) Select the OLD lineup in the pulldown on the right side.
11) Click the 'X' button to the right of that pulldown to empty/delete the OLD lineup from the database.
12) Select the NEW lineup in the pulldown on the right side.
13) Click the Match by: [# Number] button on the left side to match the new lineup channels to the guide channels.

I have also created a quick video of the process here.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

OSHO

Post by OSHO » Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:15 pm

Thank you very much Gary,

With your instructions and video I was able to add the 700s to my guide. None of the listings in my zip code
includes the 700 channels, but the zip for Piscataway NJ includes the 700s in one of the lineups,and is identical
to Hudson County cablevision. Just added from Piscataway and voila, it worked!

osho

Doctor Feelgood

Post by Doctor Feelgood » Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:41 pm

Thanks for the heads up! My WMC guide was still looking good, but that would have run out eventually and I would have been scratching my head.

OSHO

Post by OSHO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:21 am

Hello Gary,

Everything was working fine... When I resolved the missing 700 channels, I had done so by first doing a 'Clean Start'
using the Client guide tool...followed your instructions and voila, was able to restore the channels..
I did notice when WMC was setting up live tv , it indicated it found 1 tuner and a cablecard...I didn't think much of it, until I started to do some recordings, and found (duh) I could only use 1 tuner.... my Haupauge device actually has 2 tuners, so
I went to WMC settings and set up live TV again...this time WMC saw the 2 tuners.. I checked the 'do not agree' to terms of service an thought I was in business. I ran epg123 (save and execute) , everything ran as before.......all the channels are in WMC but no Guide data...epg indicated it downloaded guide data but it did not import to WMC... (automatically import guide data was checked) I ran a couple of times, even rebooting computer. Now I am trying to run 'Clean Start' but
when running it never is able to get to the 'Perform WMC TV set up'
Any suggestions?
Thanks

osho

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:45 am

OSHO wrote:Hello Gary,

Everything was working fine... When I resolved the missing 700 channels, I had done so by first doing a 'Clean Start'
using the Client guide tool...followed your instructions and voila, was able to restore the channels..
I did notice when WMC was setting up live tv , it indicated it found 1 tuner and a cablecard...I didn't think much of it, until I started to do some recordings, and found (duh) I could only use 1 tuner.... my Haupauge device actually has 2 tuners, so
I went to WMC settings and set up live TV again...this time WMC saw the 2 tuners.. I checked the 'do not agree' to terms of service an thought I was in business. I ran epg123 (save and execute) , everything ran as before.......all the channels are in WMC but no Guide data...epg indicated it downloaded guide data but it did not import to WMC... (automatically import guide data was checked) I ran a couple of times, even rebooting computer. Now I am trying to run 'Clean Start' but
when running it never is able to get to the 'Perform WMC TV set up'
Any suggestions?
Thanks

osho
The trace.log file should have shown something as to why it didn't import. Check out the log file for and "[ERROR]" entries.

What do you mean in never is able to get to the 'Perform WMC TV Setup'? Does the step 1 button not turn green and you have a continuous wait circle?
- Gary

OSHO

Post by OSHO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 4:39 am

Yes,
Step 1 doesn’t turn green and I get the continuous wait circle.... After writing you I ran Task manager,
I stopped the mcupdate process then the step 1 turned green. ... when I reached the TV set up, it freezes at ‘downloading
TV set up data... I saw a previous post where you recommended to detach the network cable before declining terms
Of service....but that is not working as of now... I’ll leave that window active as another user stated it worked after 4-5 hours of waiting.. I checked the trace log... there was a [warng] imported mad file contained a warning in its status field...

OSHO

Post by OSHO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 10:38 am

sorry, i made a typo.

the line in the trace log is this..

[7/18/2018 9:06:01 AM] [WARNG] The imported MXF file contained a WARNING in its status field.

OSHO

Post by OSHO » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:35 pm

UPDATE:

i used a WIN restore point just prior to my problems... did the 'Clean Start' ..reached the TV tuner set up in WMC..
after several hours, TV set up recognized my Hauppauge 2 tuner device....
i ran EPG as per instructions... i added the 700 channels by merging the guide from Piscataway (700s exactly the same channels)
SUCCESS! everything working now.
Nothing is ever easy.....
Cablevision caused such a headache... completely avoidable!

Thank you, Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 5:01 am

Is it normal for WMC to take so long to recognize your tuners? That's just nuts.
- Gary