v1.2.1 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
garyan2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:18 am

garyan2 wrote:
StinkyImp wrote:
garyan2 wrote:Guess what I finally figured out how to do... This would have been my first choice.
Wow! This would be perfect in my situation since I go into the guide every day to watch the news... Are you going to implement it in addition to the existing home screen alert?

+1 for Sammy2's post.
I don't know if it will happen. I have to run more tests, but it appears that logo is very stubborn in updating/refreshing. Even though the logo will be updated by an mxf import, it is refusing to refresh... requiring WMC to be closed and reopened before it will show the "new" logo.

I was just running some proof of concept code, so I may have to develop it further to see if I can make it work. If it doesn't, then the logo will really just be a vanity plate ... and I'm not a vain person.
Sorry, everybody. This just isn't going to happen as a status logo. I've tried everything I could think of, but it just would not update/refresh on its own. The only was to get an updated status with the logo in the guide was to close and reopen WMC.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

DSperber

Post by DSperber » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:04 am

garyan2 wrote:Minor update with 2 cool new features. You can now delete lineups in your database, and you can now have an EPG123 status logo in the WMC Start Menu showing, well, the status of your guide.
WMCStatusLogoWithUpdate.png
I don't know if it is related to my 125% text size (which affects lots of GUI in a slightly negative way), but the location of the EPG123 logo on the WMC start screen appears misplaced with respect to the date.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:13 am

Well, that's interesting. It may be due to the 125% text, but I don't know how. I actually create that image by combining the EPG123 logo with text converted to an image so I am actually placing the text where you see it.

I'll try to duplicate it here to figure this out.

Thanks for letting me know!

EDIT: The answer is yes. It is related to the 125% text size. Now I just need to figure out how to detect and adapt. Thanks, again!

EDIT2: got it fixed. Next release will place the text in the proper location regardless of screen dpi.
Last edited by garyan2 on Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:13 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:So I finally loaded WMC after installing v1.2.1 and there was no logo as there should be. This prompted me to look at the Guide Info in the settings. Lo and behold Rovi had infested my system again!! I'm not sure how this happened because when I switched to OTA from CableCARD I was very careful not to accept the ToC for WMC Guide Data and changed my lineup in epg123 Config. At any rate, I did a clean start from step one, preserving my recording schedule but took the opportunity to clean it up while I was at it.

I'm happy to report that I have vaccinated against Rovi and epg123 is back but the logo still does not show. Is this the issue of which you are referring, Gary?

Thanks!
I think you must have done something wrong the first time. If the guide ToS is declined, then WMC does not download a list of local providers. Even if it did, it still wouldn't be in your guide unless you selected a provider to populate it with (subscribe to). WMC isn't smart enough to select a lineup for you.

The logo issue I am working on is the logo in the guide (post #10) which is done by an mxf file import. The status logo that you should be seeing is like in post #1 which is done by registry.

Registry key: HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Start Menu, "OEMLogoUri" should be filled with the path to your status logo created by EPG123 (i.e. "file://c:\epg123\EPG123Status.png". Of course the status logo should exist in that location.

Do you use any WMC themer that could override showing this? I have noticed that it won't show if I RDP into my server, but I have not seen it fail to show in my test benches. Someone did say a while back that Win8/8.1 had a problem with showing it, but I could never verify that.
I don't use a themer but do use RecordedTVHD.

How do you run WMC in RDP? Teamviewer or something like that? Does this mean it won't show in extenders? I use extenders exclusively.

I'll take a look-see and verify the registry key is correct and the logo folder is populated.

Another question.. After doing the Fresh Start from Step 1, I lost all my High VHF Channel Mapping for 7 through 13. Can this be restored with epg123 Client GUI or do I need to re-enter these manually in WMC?

Thanks.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:46 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I don't use a themer but do use RecordedTVHD.

How do you run WMC in RDP? Teamviewer or something like that? Does this mean it won't show in extenders? I use extenders exclusively.

I'll take a look-see and verify the registry key is correct and the logo folder is populated.

Another question.. After doing the Fresh Start from Step 1, I lost all my High VHF Channel Mapping for 7 through 13. Can this be restored with epg123 Client GUI or do I need to re-enter these manually in WMC?

Thanks.

RecordedTVHD shouldn't have anything to do with your missing the logo.

I don't watch anything over RDP. I have an installation of WMC on a headless server which does all my recording for me, which I can then watch on other machines with WMC or emby. But you may be on to something ... this could very well not show in both my RDP session and any extenders. I'll set up one of my Xbox 360's and see.

For the VHF channels, you will have to manually add them back in. You can do this in the client GUI by clicking the green '+' button above the merged channels on the left side.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:12 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:I don't use a themer but do use RecordedTVHD.

Thanks.

RecordedTVHD shouldn't have anything to do with your missing the logo.

I don't watch anything over RDP. I have an installation of WMC on a headless server which does all my recording for me, which I can then watch on other machines with WMC or emby. But you may be on to something ... this could very well not show in both my RDP session and any extenders. I'll set up one of my Xbox 360's and see.

For the VHF channels, you will have to manually add them back in. You can do this in the client GUI by clicking the green '+' button above the merged channels on the left side.
So I'm not loosing my mind.. I went to do this and could not..
epg123 Client. 1JPG.JPG

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:27 pm

There is more there... you just need to make the GUI bigger, or click the "more" button as in the picture below.
moreButton.PNG
moreButton.PNG (3.56 KiB) Viewed 1222 times
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:29 pm

garyan2 wrote:But you may be on to something ... this could very well not show in both my RDP session and any extenders. I'll set up one of my Xbox 360's and see.
I just confirmed this. The status logo does not get presented on extenders. There's probably a way to make it happen, but I have to find it.

EDIT: but guess what does get presented in extenders ... the logo below the clock in the guide (post #10). It still requires a "restart" of WMC on your extender to see an updated version though.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Jul 09, 2018 11:17 pm

garyan2 wrote:
garyan2 wrote:But you may be on to something ... this could very well not show in both my RDP session and any extenders. I'll set up one of my Xbox 360's and see.
I just confirmed this. The status logo does not get presented on extenders. There's probably a way to make it happen, but I have to find it.

EDIT: but guess what does get presented in extenders ... the logo below the clock in the guide (post #10). It still requires a "restart" of WMC on your extender to see an updated version though.
This is not an issue. I've come to realize that extenders tend to drop off of my system now that I'm running so many of them. I'm in process of just having them shut down when ending the "Watch TV" activity on my Harmony Remotes and then have them power up when starting the activity. Slower than I'd like? Yes. More stable as I'd like? Yes.

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 2:40 pm

garyan2 wrote:There is more there... you just need to make the GUI bigger, or click the "more" button as in the picture below.
The attachment moreButton.PNG is no longer available
epg123 Client. 1JPG.JPG
I know this is not something for everyday use but will certainly help but can it be made such that one can select the listing(s) on the right side and either drag and drop to the left side or have an arrow on the center column line to copy the information right to left?

This would automate things further because as it is now one must type in the information already available.

Thanks!

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:08 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I know this is not something for everyday use but will certainly help but can it be made such that one can select the listing(s) on the right side and either drag and drop to the left side or have an arrow on the center column line to copy the information right to left?

This would automate things further because as it is now one must type in the information already available.
It may look like all the information is available, but it is not. There is tuner configuration stuff such as frequency, modulation, bitrate, network IDs.... A drag&drop or copy over would not work without the physical transport information.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:13 pm

Coming soon ... the logo (BrandLogo) will be a part of the generated MXF file. It does not, however, update as easily as all the other information in the MXF file and will require WMC to be closed and reopened to actually show the latest. It appears the WMC shell reads it once on open and puts it in memory until it is closed.
v1.2.2 preview.png
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:44 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:I know this is not something for everyday use but will certainly help but can it be made such that one can select the listing(s) on the right side and either drag and drop to the left side or have an arrow on the center column line to copy the information right to left?

It may look like all the information is available, but it is not. There is tuner configuration stuff such as frequency, modulation, bitrate, network IDs.... A drag&drop or copy over would not work without the physical transport information.
True. Some of these stations aren't even where you'd think they are. For Example in the Los Angeles Market KTTV-DT 11.1 broadcasts on 11.3 and KTTV-SD 11.2 broadcasts on 13.7; these are little nuances that need to be put into WMC. What sucks is that Plex will pick these up fine without any manipulation required by the end user. Emby will too if not using ServerWMC which relies on WMC for guide data.

https://rabbitears.info/market.php

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:34 pm

garyan2 wrote:

I looked but it is not there.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:49 pm

Sammy2 wrote:I looked but it is not there.
That's because it is not in v1.2.1. It will be in v1.2.2 so you have to wait a bit.
- Gary

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:52 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Sammy2 wrote:I looked but it is not there.
That's because it is not in v1.2.1. It will be in v1.2.2 so you have to wait a bit.
Guess I missed that.

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:12 pm

garyan2 wrote:Coming soon ... the logo (BrandLogo) will be a part of the generated MXF file. It does not, however, update as easily as all the other information in the MXF file and will require WMC to be closed and reopened to actually show the latest. It appears the WMC shell reads it once on open and puts it in memory until it is closed.
Does that mean that the date will remain unchanged for those that leave Media Center running 24/7? If so, that’s going to be confusing.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:59 pm

IT Troll wrote:Does that mean that the date will remain unchanged for those that leave Media Center running 24/7? If so, that’s going to be confusing.
So far, yes. That is exactly what that means. I have been looking for a way to force it to update while WMC is open, but I don't think there is a way. The logo on the home screen will still be updated and will be the most reliable. The problem is the home screen logo is not seen on any extenders so I'm trying to give them the same visibility into the guide status.

When I have time, I'll start looking for a way to possibly allow the home screen logo be shown on extenders.
- Gary

devguy

Post by devguy » Thu Jul 26, 2018 10:31 pm

garyan2 wrote:Minor update with 2 cool new features. You can now delete lineups in your database, and you can now have an EPG123 status logo in the WMC Start Menu showing, well, the status of your guide.
WMCStatusLogoWithUpdate.png
Hi Gary, thanks for you hard work! For some reason with this new update I cannot run your Tweak MCE app. When I go to save the settings which I assume is only adding the new icon for your app to mce I get this error. I had used tweak before and never had this issue before.

"The process cannot access the file. MediaCenter.Shell.dll because it is in use by another process. Under details it lists this...

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\Windows\ehome\Microsoft.MediaCenter.Shell.dll' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalCopy(String sourceFileName, String destFileName, Boolean overwrite)
at epg123.frmWmcTweak.UpdateShellDll()
at epg123.frmWmcTweak.btnUpdateGuideConfigurations_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8789 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
epg123Client
Assembly Version: 1.2.1.7
Win32 Version: 1.2.1.7
CodeBase: file:///C:/epg123/epg123Client.exe
System
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8770 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5491 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5495 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
mcepg
Assembly Version: 6.1.0.0
Win32 Version: 6.1.7601.17514
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mcepg/6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/mcepg.dll
mcstore
Win32 Version: 6.1.7601.17514 (win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/mcstore/6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/mcstore.dll
System.Xml
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8773 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll
System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
2xrsxeis
Assembly Version: 1.2.1.7
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.8770 (QFE.050727-8700)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
mcstoredb
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/mcstoredb/6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/mcstoredb.dll
ehiProxy
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/ehiProxy/6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/ehiProxy.dll
Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI/6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/Microsoft.MediaCenter.UI.dll
BDATunePIA
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_64/BDATunePIA/6.1.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/BDATunePIA.dll
System.Core
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
System.Xml.Linq
Assembly Version: 3.5.0.0
Win32 Version: 3.5.30729.5420 built by: Win7SP1
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml.Linq/3.5.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.Linq.dll
Accessibility
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.5483 (Win7SP1GDR.050727-5400)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Accessibility/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Thanks

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:07 pm

EPG123 will close WMC executables ehshell.exe (WMC) and ehexthost.exe (for extenders) to avoid this. If there are other programs that lock the file, I am not aware of them... possibly other third party software. My first suggestion would be to reboot and try again, followed by running as administrator to see if that is successful.

I may need to query and shutdown any process that is hooked into the dll and kill them for this. I already have code to do that, so it won't be a biggy.

Note: you actually don't need to do anything in the TweakGUI to get the new status logo. The new client will automatically add it when it imports a mxf file.
- Gary