v1.1.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
IT Troll

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by IT Troll » Sat Feb 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Just upgraded. Very smooth transition for me with a Freeview (UK DVB-T2) setup. My custom logos (My Channel Logos) and remote access (My Media Center) were completely unaffected by the change in the channel ID scheme. Many thanks again for your continued work on this Gary. :thumbup:

I did notice that the bit about deleting the old scheduled tasks is not mentioned in the Upgrade Guide or on your website, so upgraders might miss this.

Also, as an alternative to C:\EPG123, I install EPG123 in C:\Users\Public\EPG123. I find the Public folder is a good location for apps like this which require a writeable working space.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

sjr56stn

Post by sjr56stn » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:37 pm

Not a successful upgrade for me (Win 7 x 64). I followed the upgrade instructions, but when I run epg123Client.exe I get "Unhandled exception has occurred .... etc". Details says an array is out of range. If I select continue, then the button I presume I must select to manually load the mxf file is greyed-out.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 3:51 pm

sjr56stn wrote:Not a successful upgrade for me (Win 7 x 64). I followed the upgrade instructions, but when I run epg123Client.exe I get "Unhandled exception has occurred .... etc". Details says an array is out of range. If I select continue, then the button I presume I must select to manually load the mxf file is greyed-out.
To manually perform the import, run "c:\windows\ehome\loadmxf.exe -i [c:\epg123]\epg123utility.mxf" . Is there anything printed to the console when the error occurs?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:28 pm

sjr56stn wrote:Not a successful upgrade for me (Win 7 x 64). I followed the upgrade instructions, but when I run epg123Client.exe I get "Unhandled exception has occurred .... etc". Details says an array is out of range. If I select continue, then the button I presume I must select to manually load the mxf file is greyed-out.
Right now, I can only assume there is an error in your database when I try to populate the lineups or merged channels in the GUI. In theory, you could follow the below to correct the problem.
  1. Boot into safe mode and open epg123Client.exe.
  2. Click [Rebuild WMC Database] to delete your database.
  3. Open epg123Client.exe and click [Rebuild WMC Database] again to rebuild it.
  4. Select the epg123utility.mxf file for import when prompted.
  5. Listings will be empty, so will need to run epg123.exe v1.1.0 to build and import new listings.
There is, of course, the risk of restoring whatever epg123 is choking on. I'll scrub through my code to see where an out-of-range can occur.
- Gary

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:40 pm

Hi, I'm having an issue that I'm not sure is related to 1.1. Perhaps this has been going on since switching to your auto-lineup setup... I just have not been paying attention lately.

Anyway, there are 2 stations with issues. I will just describe the bigger issue here- I am trying to import data for channel 600. This is PBS WHA-DT. In the epg123 GUI, I select this channel, run the update and everything seems to go fine. Then I go into WMC and I am getting "no data" on channel 600. I re-start epg123 and see that now channel 600 is not selected. Instead, there is a channel 195, also WHA-DT that is selected instead. From what I can tell, these are not exactly same channel- 195 looks like simply the non-HD version, but the problem may be that they have the same station ID according to the epg123 GUI (id 30504). Any ideas what I can do?

sjr56stn

Post by sjr56stn » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:43 pm

Thanks Gary. The machine is busy recording stuff tonight, but will give it a go tomorrow.
Steve

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 5:55 pm

Embiggens wrote:Hi, I'm having an issue that I'm not sure is related to 1.1. Perhaps this has been going on since switching to your auto-lineup setup... I just have not been paying attention lately.

Anyway, there are 2 stations with issues. I will just describe the bigger issue here- I am trying to import data for channel 600. This is PBS WHA-DT. In the epg123 GUI, I select this channel, run the update and everything seems to go fine. Then I go into WMC and I am getting "no data" on channel 600. I re-start epg123 and see that now channel 600 is not selected. Instead, there is a channel 195, also WHA-DT that is selected instead. From what I can tell, these are not exactly same channel- 195 looks like simply the non-HD version, but the problem may be that they have the same station ID according to the epg123 GUI (id 30504). Any ideas what I can do?
If the station IDs are the same (30504) then you can't have one without the other in epg123. It will download, and import, both channel numbers. If you don't want to see 195 in the guide, don't remove it from epg123 ... disable it in WMC or using the client.
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:00 pm

sjr56stn wrote:Thanks Gary. The machine is busy recording stuff tonight, but will give it a go tomorrow.
Steve
Sounds good. I'm not having any luck finding in my code where I could be incorrectly addressing an array. Was there any more information in the error to identify what code function the exception came from?
- Gary

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 6:03 pm

Just realized I missed the booting back into normal mode :oops: (though the GUI would tell you to do so).
garyan2 wrote:
Right now, I can only assume there is an error in your database when I try to populate the lineups or merged channels in the GUI. In theory, you could follow the below to correct the problem.
  1. Boot into safe mode and open epg123Client.exe.
  2. Click [Rebuild WMC Database] to delete your database. BOOT BACK INTO NORMAL MODE.
  3. Open epg123Client.exe and click [Rebuild WMC Database] again to rebuild it.
  4. Select the epg123utility.mxf file for import when prompted.
  5. Listings will be empty, so will need to run epg123.exe v1.1.0 to build and import new listings.
There is, of course, the risk of restoring whatever epg123 is choking on. I'll scrub through my code to see where an out-of-range can occur.
- Gary

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:58 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Embiggens wrote:Hi, I'm having an issue that I'm not sure is related to 1.1. Perhaps this has been going on since switching to your auto-lineup setup... I just have not been paying attention lately.

If the station IDs are the same (30504) then you can't have one without the other in epg123. It will download, and import, both channel numbers. If you don't want to see 195 in the guide, don't remove it from epg123 ... disable it in WMC or using the client.
Thanks for the prompt reply. That does make sense. However, I've tried enabling both 195 & 600 in the epg123 GUI and I've run 2 updates since then, but I'm still seeing "no data available" for channel 600. Any ideas on what I might be missing?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:05 pm

Embiggens wrote:Thanks for the prompt reply. That does make sense. However, I've tried enabling both 195 & 600 in the epg123 GUI and I've run 2 updates since then, but I'm still seeing "no data available" for channel 600. Any ideas on what I might be missing?
Do you have automatch set? You can use epg123Client to make the match. Really, if 195 has guide data, then 600 should as well.
- Gary

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:06 pm

Embiggens wrote:
garyan2 wrote:

Thanks for the prompt reply. That does make sense. However, I've tried enabling both 195 & 600 in the epg123 GUI and I've run 2 updates since then, but I'm still seeing "no data available" for channel 600. Any ideas on what I might be missing?
Sorry for the message barrage, but could I perhaps try deleting the contents of the cache folder?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:12 pm

Embiggens wrote:Sorry for the message barrage, but could I perhaps try deleting the contents of the cache folder?
No harm in doing it, but it won't make a difference. Just to make sure I understand the situation, does channel 600 have a call sign? I want to make sure it is because there is not a lineup channel linked to the guide channel.
- Gary

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:29 pm

garyan2 wrote:No harm in doing it, but it won't make a difference. Just to make sure I understand the situation, does channel 600 have a call sign? I want to make sure it is because there is not a lineup channel linked to the guide channel.
The callsign for both 195 and 600 is WHADT.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:41 pm

Embiggens wrote:
garyan2 wrote:No harm in doing it, but it won't make a difference. Just to make sure I understand the situation, does channel 600 have a call sign? I want to make sure it is because there is not a lineup channel linked to the guide channel.
Yah, this isn't making much sense. Could you open the epg123Client.exe GUI, scroll down the left listview until you see channel 600, right-click it and choose Unsubscribe. Left-click the same channel, scroll down the listview on the right side until you see channel 600, right-click it and choose Subscribe.

The left side channel should look something like:
WHADT | 600 | WHADT (WHADT) | EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct | Digital Cable?
- Gary

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:50 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Embiggens wrote:
Yah, this isn't making much sense. Could you open the epg123Client.exe GUI, scroll down the left listview until you see channel 600, right-click it and choose Unsubscribe. Left-click the same channel, scroll down the listview on the right side until you see channel 600, right-click it and choose Subscribe.

The left side channel should look something like:
WHADT | 600 | WHADT (WHADT) | EPG123 Lineups with Schedules Direct | Digital Cable?
Ok, so in the client, I don't see a callsign on the lefthand side associated with channel 600. I can right-click and unsubscribe. But on the righthand side, I am not able to right-click and subscribe. 'Subscribe' is grayed-out for that channel.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:55 pm

Embiggens wrote:Ok, so in the client, I don't see a callsign on the lefthand side associated with channel 600. I can right-click and unsubscribe. But on the righthand side, I am not able to right-click and subscribe. 'Subscribe' is grayed-out for that channel.
To subscribe, a channel on the left has to be selected AND a channel on the right has to be selected at the same time.
- Gary

Embiggens

Post by Embiggens » Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:56 pm

garyan2 wrote:
Embiggens wrote:Ok, so in the client, I don't see a callsign on the lefthand side associated with channel 600. I can right-click and unsubscribe. But on the righthand side, I am not able to right-click and subscribe. 'Subscribe' is grayed-out for that channel.
To subscribe, a channel on the left has to be selected AND a channel on the right has to be selected at the same time.
Aha! I was just posting that I had figured that last bit out and it fixed my issue... Thank you so much for your time today!

Peepers

Post by Peepers » Sun Feb 12, 2017 5:52 am

I downloaded the new version and ran the setup but everything in my EPG remains empty. The problem I see in the trace log is this for all 90 channels

[ALERT] Failed to parse the schedule Md5 return for stationId 32984 (KTVPLP) on 2017-02-12 and after. message: Accessed JArray values with invalid key value: "2017-02-12". Int32 array index expected.

An ideas on how to resolve?

Sancho

Post by Sancho » Sun Feb 12, 2017 6:57 am

Peepers wrote:I downloaded the new version and ran the setup but everything in my EPG remains empty. The problem I see in the trace log is this for all 90 channels

[ALERT] Failed to parse the schedule Md5 return for stationId 32984 (KTVPLP) on 2017-02-12 and after. message: Accessed JArray values with invalid key value: "2017-02-12". Int32 array index expected.

An ideas on how to resolve?
I got that error when upgrading one of my HTPCs. I just re-ran the full version Save & Execute and it was fine after the second run through.