v1.1.0 Release

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
RyC

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by RyC » Sat Feb 25, 2017 8:15 pm

garyan2 wrote:
RyC wrote:I noticed that tonight's SNL had a generic description too, but the EPG123 scheduled task set at 9am this morning updated it fine without having to clear caches or anything.
Interesting... and you are using v1.1.0? Maybe you had good timing and not getting the initial wrong program file.
Yes, using 1.1.0!

rkulagow

Post by rkulagow » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:02 pm

NathanP2007 wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up and a fix already detailed but hopefully you can help.

So I just upgraded to the new version and got the same error dc_billm had. I decided to just use "Step 1: Clean Start" in the Client tool. So I basically started over. That was fine, but what I noticed before I updated and what I notice is still there having had updated is channels in the 1,000's that are repeats. For example; in searching for Late Night with Seth Meyers there are three options: a) SD channel 5 b) HD channel 105 and c) HD channel 1005. Up until recently I had never had that third option. Any clue why it now is showing up, and how to get rid of it? I checked it out on WMC live and it is an identical broadcast to the 105 channel.

Thanks!
If you're using Comcast and have lots of new channels in the 1000+ range, google for "Comcast Master Channel Lineup"

NathanP2007

Post by NathanP2007 » Sat Feb 25, 2017 11:04 pm

rkulagow wrote:
NathanP2007 wrote:Sorry if this has been brought up and a fix already detailed but hopefully you can help.

So I just upgraded to the new version and got the same error dc_billm had. I decided to just use "Step 1: Clean Start" in the Client tool. So I basically started over. That was fine, but what I noticed before I updated and what I notice is still there having had updated is channels in the 1,000's that are repeats. For example; in searching for Late Night with Seth Meyers there are three options: a) SD channel 5 b) HD channel 105 and c) HD channel 1005. Up until recently I had never had that third option. Any clue why it now is showing up, and how to get rid of it? I checked it out on WMC live and it is an identical broadcast to the 105 channel.

Thanks!
If you're using Comcast and have lots of new channels in the 1000+ range, google for "Comcast Master Channel Lineup"
Then what?

spanner

Post by spanner » Sun Feb 26, 2017 1:16 am

I had this same issue all my HD comcast channels (portland oregon) were 700 & 800s apparently comcast is reordering all its numbers and HD will be all 1000s. in the meantime they still have all the old channel numbers available. In epg123 if you disable a new 1000 channel it also disables its corresponding 700 channel. so in wmc i disabled all the old numbers and chose to go with their new numbering. Had to learn where everything is again but was afraid that eventually all the old numbering would be gone.