EPG123 UKFreesat setup question

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
RobsterUK

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 UKFreesat setup question

Post by RobsterUK » Fri Aug 12, 2016 8:21 pm

Have been using EPG Collector fairly reliably for the past 12 months (its been a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it!), but a few channels have dropped out of sight recently so its time to wipe the DB & start over.

I'm on UK Freesat and well aware that single transponder scans are needed to grab all of the available channels.
As EPG123 seems to have gathered momentum during the past 12 months I'm going to give it a try.

Normally I would have ran the Live TV setup then checked the channels for a feed/guide data and use Guide Tool to map the correct guide data to the correct channels.
Is this still the way to proceed?
I ask, as using that method would determine which channels were missing, therefore prompting which transponder scan to perform.

If all of the transponder scans need to have been run before using EPG123, how can I check which transponder scans need to be run?

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:45 pm

I'm going to bump this for you. I don't have any experience with this and was hoping someone would chime in to help you out so I could get some insight into what you guys need to do. Hopefully it will get some attention and assistance.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

jbamford92

Post by jbamford92 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:08 am

RobsterUK wrote:Have been using EPG Collector fairly reliably for the past 12 months (its been a case of if it ain't broke, don't fix it!), but a few channels have dropped out of sight recently so its time to wipe the DB & start over.

I'm on UK Freesat and well aware that single transponder scans are needed to grab all of the available channels.
As EPG123 seems to have gathered momentum during the past 12 months I'm going to give it a try.

Normally I would have ran the Live TV setup then checked the channels for a feed/guide data and use Guide Tool to map the correct guide data to the correct channels.
Is this still the way to proceed?
I ask, as using that method would determine which channels were missing, therefore prompting which transponder scan to perform.

If all of the transponder scans need to have been run before using EPG123, how can I check which transponder scans need to be run?
Some channels have changed due to Transponder I.e Frequency change on ASTRA I also had the same problem. You can manually update them. Would you have a link for EPG collector? I'm have problems with listings in MCE.