EPG123 and Ceton's "my MC"

An evolving, supported alternative to Rovi
Forum rules
★ Download the latest EPG123 here: https://garyan2.github.io/ <> Setup guide here: https://garyan2.github.io/install.html
iankb

HTPC Specs: Show details

EPG123 and Ceton's "my MC"

Post by iankb » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:29 pm

I always used Ceton's "my MC" app on my iPad to check the guide when I was away on holiday, etc. This was very important when the Microsoft guide data went AWOL.

Although less important with EPG123, has anybody managed to install the My Media Center server without it messing-up the excellent EPG123 enhanced metadata?
Ian

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Tue Aug 02, 2016 4:19 pm

Work's perfectly fine, have a look => http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 63#p105863

Is yours having a problem?
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

iankb

Post by iankb » Tue Aug 02, 2016 7:54 pm

No problem yet Gary, because it's not currently installed. I reinstalled Media Center when recently converting Windows 7 from 32-bit to 64-bit. I didn't dare install My Media Center in case it upset my now-perfect installation of EPG123.

Thanks, I will now install it.
Ian

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Wed Aug 03, 2016 3:47 pm

Thanks for the confirmation. I plan to get this installed now it has returned to the app store.
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Thu Aug 04, 2016 7:42 pm

IT Troll wrote:Thanks for the confirmation. I plan to get this installed now it has returned to the app store.
I have been running both side-by-side since the inception of EPG123 without any issues with either caused by the simultaneous installation of both.

EPG123 FTW!!

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Thu Aug 04, 2016 9:30 pm

I set it up last night and it is mostly working. However I am not sure about a few bits. I didn't turn on any meta data as I was not sure how that would behave with the guide data that EPG123 adds. I do not intend to use MMC for movies, just for remote access for managing recordings.

When using the iOS app I find:

The guide is working perfectly through MMC, all the data is there including images added by EPG123.

However when I look at Scheduled Reordings or Recorded TV there are no images. Should there be?

The Series Gallery does show pictures however tapping on any of these series causes MMC to close (app crash).
Are you a Recorded TV HD user or want to give it a try? Check out the new community-made update; Recorded TV HD v2.1.1

IT Troll

Post by IT Troll » Sat Aug 06, 2016 8:23 am

OK after watching some videos I don't think it is expected to have any images in Scheduled Recordings or Recorded TV.

However TV Gallery crashing is clearly not right. Interestingly the Movie Gallery does not crash/close the app.

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Sun Aug 07, 2016 5:44 pm

I use the Android version, but my experience is not too different.
IT Troll wrote:The Series Gallery does show pictures however tapping on any of these series causes MMC to close (app crash).
Mine doesn't crash, but quite often it will not be complete and I need to enter and exit the gallery a number of times to get all the series listed along with the correct artwork displayed. For the recording history, I find that if the metadata of the file is corrupted (record date 01/01/1900? and/or record length 0 minutes) then that recording will not be included in the gallery.

I really like MMC, but it is disappointing sometimes that it was so close to being perfect and then abandoned.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 1:52 pm

garyan2 wrote:I use the Android version, but my experience is not too different.
IT Troll wrote:The Series Gallery does show pictures however tapping on any of these series causes MMC to close (app crash).
Mine doesn't crash, but quite often it will not be complete and I need to enter and exit the gallery a number of times to get all the series listed along with the correct artwork displayed. For the recording history, I find that if the metadata of the file is corrupted (record date 01/01/1900? and/or record length 0 minutes) then that recording will not be included in the gallery.

I really like MMC, but it is disappointing sometimes that it was so close to being perfect and then abandoned.
So true!! And thank you for making WMC just a little bit better!!