WMC incorrectly indicating no signal 1 station

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
josb

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC incorrectly indicating no signal 1 station

Post by josb » Sat Apr 23, 2016 8:28 am

WMC is happily working for me in Windows 10 except - and a search shows it is a common problem - for 1 station (happens to be SBS in Adelaide, Australia). TV signal scan brings up all stations including this and epg is populated correctly. However, if one tries to watch (or record) any of the stations (4 TV and 3 radio) under the SBS banner, WMC indicates no signal. All other stations OK. Going into Edit Channel - Edit Sources for SBS indicates Frequency 184.5MHz (which is correct) and Quality 100%. TotalMedia 3.5 has no problems and can watch / record all SBS channels. Problem is I MUCH prefer WMC. I do not think it is a Windows 10 effect as others have had similar problems with 7 and 8.

It occurred, I think, when SBS in Australia changed its transmission frequency. I think that WMC, although claiming to pick up the correct (new) frequency, continues to point to the old one? There have been various suggestions about changing the frequency and doing other things manually but current WMC appears to have taken out all the options to do this. e.g. add station manually is no longer available. Cannot get into manual add by cancelling TV signal scan etc. Deleting and replacing scan of some / all channels makes no difference.
Is there any way around this problem? Can one hack into the channel - and how? I presume it is a WMC problem as it works OK in TotalMedia.

Using Dual DBTV (DigitalNow) Tuners based on NXP SAA7162 Hybrid Capture Drive. No new drivers since 2011 but, again, OK in TM.
Thanks for any help.