WMC Windows 10 Has Audio/no Video on OTA Network Channels

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
mustardbomb

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC Windows 10 Has Audio/no Video on OTA Network Channels

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 24, 2016 5:49 pm

Hello, new to the forum. I read all of the great info here and actually got WMC up and running on Windows 10 thanks to you guys, but when I try to watch live network television, I get no video, only audio. I have to believe this has something to do with the LAV filter settings, but I have tried the Shark codec's also and got the same thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using "WindowsMediaCenter_10.0.10134.0v2.1" which I am pretty sure is the latest version. If I need to provide more information I'd be happy to, or if I posted this in the wrong place let me know and I'll move it to the appropriate place.

Thanks!

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:18 am

mustardbomb wrote:Hello, new to the forum. I read all of the great info here and actually got WMC up and running on Windows 10 thanks to you guys, but when I try to watch live network television, I get no video, only audio. I have to believe this has something to do with the LAV filter settings, but I have tried the Shark codec's also and got the same thing. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I am using "WindowsMediaCenter_10.0.10134.0v2.1" which I am pretty sure is the latest version. If I need to provide more information I'd be happy to, or if I posted this in the wrong place let me know and I'll move it to the appropriate place.

Thanks!
v2.1 is the oldest version, and didn't work too well. I'm surprised you got as far as you did.

Try Version 11 or 12, and get it from the actual source of the project.

v11 http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... ost1189634

v12 http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... ost1200602

Read the Readme and Workaround files included with the install.

Uninstall v2.1 with the v2.1 uninstaller prior to trying a new version. Use the same advice for any version you try out.

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:27 pm

Oh wow ok. Thank you so much for the reply! I'll try the newer version and get back. I really appreciate it!

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:00 pm

Hello just an update. I installed version 11 and still the same issue, audio with no video. I attempted to install V12 but I can't get it to install on either of my two Windows 10 machines. It starts installing and gets up to100% and then errors out. The error is "0x800F0922" "DISM Failed. No operation was performed . For more information review the log file" I viewed the DISM log file." It also says below "Installing package failed, reverting, refer to CBS log file for error details." I looked at both logs but they don't really make any sense to me, although I found a few failures in them. I have tried uninstalling several times and rebooting with both the older uninstaller and version 12 uninstaller but still no installation. I think surely there is something I'm doing wrong in v11 that's causing it to only have audio. I have tried the advanced and standard Shark Codecs and I have set it up exactly like it said to in the link but still just audio. If I could just figure that out I think v11 would work fine. Arrrg!! Any idea? Thanks again for your help.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:44 pm

Search that error over at the other place there's a few guys that have come up with a solution.

The fix is in the v12 section

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Wed Mar 30, 2016 5:46 pm

You probably need to install the DVDPlayer Microsoft distributed to users who previously owned WMC.
Here is a download link to a modified installer that bypasses the OS check for previous MC ownership.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Wed Mar 30, 2016 8:23 pm

Ok thank you both, I'll try both of those things. Crash, are you referring to the mydigitallife forum?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 12:47 pm

mustardbomb wrote:Ok thank you both, I'll try both of those things. Crash, are you referring to the mydigitallife forum?
yes post #2 v12

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:02 pm

Shark007 wrote:You probably need to install the DVDPlayer Microsoft distributed to users who previously owned WMC.
Here is a download link to a modified installer that bypasses the OS check for previous MC ownership.

You are saying that that could possibly fix the audio/no video problem I'm having on v11 correct? I am still working on trying to get v12 to install but no luck. If video could possibly be enabled on v11 I'd just quit working on v12.

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:24 pm

Scratch that I got 12 to install after following all of the different suggestions on the links you guys gave me. I'll work on it a bit and see how it goes. Thank you guys so much for the information.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:27 pm

mustardbomb wrote:
Shark007 wrote:You probably need to install the DVDPlayer Microsoft distributed to users who previously owned WMC.

You are saying that that could possibly fix the audio/no video problem I'm having on v11 correct? I am still working on trying to get v12 to install but no luck. If video could possibly be enabled on v11 I'd just quit working on v12.
I am not saying it is a possible fix, I am saying it is THE fix.

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:29 pm

Sorry I wasn't suggesting it wasn't, I was just unclear if you were saying it was the fix for v11, or if I had to have v12 installed first. I'll totally do it and get back. Thanks again.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 3:37 pm

mustardbomb wrote:Sorry I wasn't suggesting it wasn't, I was just unclear if you were saying it was the fix for v11, or if I had to have v12 installed first. I'll totally do it and get back. Thanks again.
It doesn't matter if its v8, v11, or v12 you are working with. If you have TV video display issues, that IS the fix.

On a separate note, Installing my software (Shark007 Codecs) allows playback of ALL video files in MC no matter the format.
I run my own forum if you need help addressing video file playback issues.

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:34 pm

Shark007 wrote:
mustardbomb wrote:Sorry I wasn't suggesting it wasn't, I was just unclear if you were saying it was the fix for v11, or if I had to have v12 installed first. I'll totally do it and get back. Thanks again.
It doesn't matter if its v8, v11, or v12 you are working with. If you have TV video display issues, that IS the fix.

On a separate note, Installing my software (Shark007 Codecs) allows playback of ALL video files in MC no matter the format.
I run my own forum if you need help addressing video file playback issues.

All right, got version 12 installed, and I installed the DVD player, as well as your Shark007 Advanced Codecs, and opened the x64 setup as administrator, and tried both with the recommended settings, and following the setup that was in the link with v12 to the pdf with pictures showing how to configure the codecs for Media Center, and I still have the same issue, perfect audio but no video. So perplexing. No changes I make in the codec settings seems to make any differenct. HAVING them installed doesn't even seem to make any difference. With or without the codec packs I still have the same issue. I don't have the guide etc yet, but I figure it's pointless to start working on that until I actually have playback.

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 4:45 pm

Asking this only because you have strange issues,
Did you disable UAC? (you should never do this)
If so, everything you installed while it was disabled should be uninstalled, and then re-installed after setting UAC back to the Default position.

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:10 pm

I did. I'm experienced with computers (although obviously not enough to get WMC working on W10 >< ) so it's an extra hassle. You certainly did call it correctly though. Ok, I'll uninstall, reset to default, and reinstall everything. I'll get back after I retry everything! Thanks again!

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:35 pm

I realize it is a lot of work to re-install but I deal with these issues near daily and am confident that you're heading in the right direction.

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:56 pm

No change. Reinstalled with UAC at default, and same thing. Audio but no video. I guess I need to try this on another computer and see if I get the same results. It seems that this should be working, and maybe something with Windows?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Mar 31, 2016 8:42 pm

I guess that means your O/S is chewed up.

Have you tried a Win10 reset?

Fresh v12

mustardbomb

Post by mustardbomb » Thu Mar 31, 2016 9:54 pm

I am going to take all this crap to work tomorrow and try it on a different machine, a desktop this time. If it works, it has to be the OS, or I guess maybe something to do with this computer. If that works, I'll format.