7750 screen size constantly changing

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
arcsum68

HTPC Specs: Show details

7750 screen size constantly changing

Post by arcsum68 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:34 am

Ugh, so bummed out with my "new" build.

Finally upgraded my absolutely ancient HTPC build to a gen3 I7, 24g ram and a 7750 GPU. My MUCH older system still worked mostly, but was starting to have issues and would have needed to reimage anyway. The old build was an Athlon II and an 8600GTS and one of them was definitely not keeping up with new MKVs.

I had to buy an EDID duplicator since my experience was less than idea, bought a small passive adapter and then stumbled on great deal for a Gefen HDMI EDID Detective Plus. I have had so many issues with this new build I am not even sure what the culprit is anymore.

What happens is I am watching a show from the local drive and the screen size will suddenly have bars across the top, then sides, and sometimes its a combination. I am not sure if this is a driver issue, card issue, the Gefen or what. Really hoping someone can give me some guidance.

Would it be worth me going back to Win7?

I also have a GT 730 I could throw in there, but it has a stock whiny fan and is quite a bit less horse power.

Help?!?!

jachin99

Post by jachin99 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:28 am

Just an idea but you could check your cables also.

arcsum68

Post by arcsum68 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:07 pm

That is a good idea, already did it though!

Thanks

arcsum68

Post by arcsum68 » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:03 pm

I have been playing around with older driver versions and its happening much less frequently. Probably just need to keep messing around until I find a good combo. I keep reading that Nvidia chipsets are better for compatibility issues, so I may toss the GT730 in there to see if that helps while not loosing much in the way of power.