Thumbnail problem after upgrading to W10-2004

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Rob Geebivi

HTPC Specs: Show details

Thumbnail problem after upgrading to W10-2004

Post by Rob Geebivi » Fri Jul 30, 2021 4:56 pm

Hello,

I just updated my windows 10 to v2004. I uninstalled WMC before doing the update, ran the update, installed WMC back in, and *almost* everything is working right...
WMC has no issues opening or playing live or recorded TV...
EPG123 runs without problems, and the guide is updating in WMC...
But, the thumbnails to over 95% of shows in the TV guide are just missing. I had this problem about 2 years ago, and I found some workaround somewhere to take care of it. I located the old setup files of that workaround, ran it, restarted my PC (multiple times), but I have the same issue. I have also tried uninstalling and reinstalling WMC and EPG123 from start-to-finish but have had no luck.

It's honestly not a major issue (as I thought I might have, especially after reading about the whole SQL issues with 2004..., so I'm grateful for all of the work others have done in that domain!), but I figured I'd give a shout and see if anyone had ideas. I'm happy to provide info, try other fixes again, or try experimental workarounds.

Much appreciated,
~Rob Geebivi

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:13 pm

Sorry, but this really boils down to bad timing on your part. About a week ago, SD changed how they handle providing the guide images but are having some problems with it today. The service has been going in and out. When the service is up and stable, you will get your program artwork in WMC. Just need a little patience. viewtopic.php?f=99&t=13638

It is currently working for me right now. If the problem persists for you, you may want to submit a ticket with SD to look into it.
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Rob Geebivi

Post by Rob Geebivi » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:25 pm

No worries! Thanks for the context. I'm happy to wait a bit too ;) . I'll try again in a week-ish and post my results.
~Rob Geebivi

PS: Thank you very much for EPG123 and your continued support and development of it. It really means a lot! :D

garyan2

Post by garyan2 » Fri Jul 30, 2021 6:59 pm

Not a problem. I also thought of something else that may be the issue. When SD changes how they provide images, they also invalidated all the previous links. If in your efforts during/after the upgrade you did not clear your cache, then your system will still be trying to pull from the old links. viewtopic.php?f=99&t=13634
- Gary
Keeping WMC alive beyond January 2020. https://garyan2.github.io

Rob Geebivi

Post by Rob Geebivi » Fri Jul 30, 2021 8:06 pm

Good thinking. Just tried it and doesn't work :( .
Let me know if you think of anything else, but I'll try back in a week as planned regardless.

~Rob Geebivi

Rob Geebivi

Post by Rob Geebivi » Wed Sep 08, 2021 3:00 pm

Sorry for the delay, but all seems back to normal now. Must've just been unfortunate timing.

Thanks for the help!