Nothing Happens Clicking Guide Entry

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
tperez2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Nothing Happens Clicking Guide Entry

Post by tperez2 » Thu Jun 24, 2021 5:42 pm

I have installed wmc 8.8.5 on windows 10 pro 21h1 using a Hauppauge colossus 1 and then wmc pack for the colossus the scan finds the 9999 channels as usual epg123 populates the guide but when you click on a program in the guide you hear the bing but nothing else seems to happen it doesn't seem to access the tuner at all the ir blaster does send out commands when tested but media center doesnt seem to call for it im out of ideas and im about to install nextprv again but i really miss the wmc guide search and movie search i can see 2 weeks ahead and see what movies are on the way.

If anyone has an idea please get back to me.

Thank You

aquadextrous

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by aquadextrous » Thu Jun 24, 2021 11:22 pm

I'm not sure this will work, but might be worth a try. Some of us who used DVBLink had the same issue where trying to turn a channel on gave no feedback and it was just down to a missing file. You need to copy it to the ehome language folder (from the WMC installer Zip : WMC-V8.8.5\bin\MediaCenter\Windows\ehome\en-GB\ (I dont think which language folder it comes from matters)) and place it into the language folder of your ehome directory eg for English Great Britain its: ehome\en-GB (if you have more than one language folder it wouldn't harm to put it in all of them)
The file needed is MSVidCtl.dll.mui

More info on this post over at MDL https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... st-1584674

Hope this helps and works!