What am I doing wrong? TV tuner was not detected.

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Hawk

HTPC Specs: Show details

What am I doing wrong? TV tuner was not detected.

Post by Hawk » Tue Mar 16, 2021 5:11 am

Hi, I’m new to The Green Button and Windows 10. I’ve been using WMC on Windows 7 with my HDHomeRun Prime and EPG123 without issues for many years. Unfortunately, Turbotax 2020 is forcing me to use Windows 10, so I’ve decided to try to get WMC to work on it. Here’s what I’ve done:

Made a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro 64bit OEM version 2004 on a new drive (I can just swap out the drive to go from Windows 7 to Windows 10).
Installed the latest HDHomerun version 20210206 (1.1.311.0). Ran the HDHomerun Setup. The HD Homerun app runs great and I can watch any channel.

Installed WMC v8.8.5 and went through the setup process. When I got to the “live tv setup” step, I got the TUNER NOT FOUND message.

Installed the latest Digital Cable Advisor and ran that. Still get the TUNER NOT FOUND message.

Installed PlayReady. Still get the TUNER NOT FOUND message.

I went through this process:

Open HDHomeRun Setup and verify that the tuners are found and that no UPnP error is received.
Open Control Panel, select View network status and tasks, and make sure the network is listed as Home/Private network.
Click on Change advanced sharing settings.
Verify that Turn on network discovery is selected, and click Save Changes if needed.
Open Computer Management (right click on Computer, choose Manage) and click on Services in the left column.
Verify that the SSDP Discovery Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
Verify that the HDHomeRun Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
Verify that the Windows Media Center Receiver Service is not Disabled, and is Started.
Close the Services Management window.
Open Command Prompt as Administrator (Start > All Programs > Accessories > right click on Command Prompt > Run as Administrator).
Run:
c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery
This should list the HDHomeRun PRIME tuners.
Reopen Windows Media Center and access the TV setup wizard again.

I have 2 issues:

The HDHomeRun Service is not showing up, but HDHomeRun RECORD is.

The c:\windows\ehome\ehprivjob.exe /OCURDiscovery does not list the tuners.

So what am I doing wrong?

Also, if I get this to work, where to I contribute to the maker of WMC v8.8.5?

technodevotee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by technodevotee » Tue Mar 16, 2021 7:15 am

Did you read this thread?

viewtopic.php?f=97&t=13392

It seems that it applies to your situation