WMC v8.8.3, 8.8.4 and 8.8.5

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
hardtimes

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC v8.8.3, 8.8.4 and 8.8.5

Post by hardtimes » Sat Mar 13, 2021 7:46 pm

When attempting to install either of the mentioned versions I get a constantly flashing CMD screen. I have to restart the computer in order to stop the cmd screen.

I've tried

1. All the above versions on older and the newest win 10 versions to no avail.
2. The uninstall and resetting with no success.
3. The Hauppauge tuner is recognized by wintv software and works so that part is OK.
2. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sun Mar 14, 2021 6:38 am

Where did you put the installer folder?

It needs to be extracted to somewhere with a short path and no spaces like c:\temp.

Problems with installing and uninstalling have been seen when it is unzipped onto somewhere like the desktop.

hardtimes

Post by hardtimes » Mon Mar 15, 2021 5:13 pm

I really appreciate your time and reply, but I still get the same response regardless of the file location and or name of the folder/file. I've tried to install on two different (high end) laptops, one with a new win 10 install and get the exact same response on both. It appears to install and I get the WMC icon on the desktop, but that is as far as it goes. Both computers are up to date with all required drivers and both recognize the Hauppauge tuners. Their WinTV program also works fine, but no current program is as good as WMC, if I can only get it to work.

To reiterate, I tried your instructions, but when going into the folder and doing an uninstall or reset the cmd screen does a constant flash until I sign off (too fast to read the message). If able to stop the flashing long enough to read, one might get a clue. Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Mon Mar 15, 2021 6:00 pm

what antivirus are you using?

hardtimes

Post by hardtimes » Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:17 am

Both computers are new installs with no virus protection other than what Windows provides. Both have VPN, but that has been disabled with no change. As mentioned, all drivers are up to date. I have run sfc/ scannow,/all DISM programs related to system health plus two antispyware programs? I'm totally stumped.