Tuner not detected

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
wacind

HTPC Specs: Show details

Tuner not detected

Post by wacind » Fri Sep 25, 2020 3:24 pm

Hi

I am trying to do a first time install on a new win10 pro install. I downloaded the 8.8.5 version posted here and did an admin install on the installerBlue

I am running HdHomeRun Prime with a cable card and its updated to the latest firmware. I am able to view live TV using the HdHomeRun app on my win10 box and i can view live tv on my WMC on my Win 7 box

i downloaded the WMC 8.8.5 version posted here and did an admin install on the installerBlue but i get the following error

"The TV signal cannot be configured because a TV tumer was not detected. if you have a tumer, ensure it was installed correctly"

Sorry if this has been discussed before but i couldnt find anything when i tried searching for it

Thanks

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:53 pm

There are a number of issues with using HD Homerun in WMC on Windows 10 and especially with Cable Cards.

Copy protected media requires an old version of DRM not supported in Windows 10 since v1511.

Silicon Dust appear to have removed support for WMC in their driver so you need to go back to the 2015 version.

There may also be a requirement to install old versions of Dot Net Framework.

There is a useful post about the subject here: viewtopic.php?p=135021#p135021

maxazor

Post by maxazor » Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:04 pm

Is there any details or instructions on this. I just upgraded my win7 HTPC and ran into this issue unknowingly.

I'm not directly tied to WMC, but that is only the useable Live TV & Guide option I could find.