Windows Media Center 8.8.5 is out

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Shark007

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: Windows Media Center 8.8.5 is out

Post by Shark007 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 4:57 pm

MrDude645 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:14 pm
I'm also looking at my codecs in Shark007
To share my 2 cents worth, Media Center needs to be closed when making codec settings changes.
1st of all, you should know that I do not test anything Media Center related in Windows 10.
That being said, save your current codec configuration by going to the Misc TAB and choose to [Save ALL Settings]
after doing the below testing, you can easily revert to the saved settings by using [Restore settings]

For Media Center usage, It is always best to use the [RESET ALL] button as your 1st step.
test.

Try using the [x] WMP suggested settings checkbox next (you should know that this setting disables the Microsoft Audio decoder)
test.

The next suggestion (for playback ability) is to disable the Microsoft Video decoder on the Swap Tab
you probably already know that doing this will break LiveTV playback but it can improve file playback.
You may need to sign out of Windows and make this setting immediately after logging back in to get past the FILE IN USE error message.
It is easy to revert this setting simply by unchecking the box.

good luck!

For those leary of codecpacks and installers, I also release portable codecs without an installer.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Wed Dec 09, 2020 9:48 am

MrDude645 wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 1:14 pm
I'm currently studying an IT course over here in AUS and its almost Christmas so i wanna get it solved but 2 sides of a coin I guess ha, so I have my MSVidCtl file for you if that helps... its a mediafire link I don't know if they're allowed.... I'm also looking at my codecs in Shark007, I'd prefer not to uninstall it, like I said it's a great pack, I'm sure if that's the problem I can find the right codec.....

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t24sl4qgv ... l.dll/file
the file you have is
msvidctl properties.png
the one I used in V13 is
my dll.png

cmal

Post by cmal » Tue Dec 22, 2020 10:22 pm

I am using DigitalDevices Sat-Tuners;
at least up to driver version 3.0.2.211-x64 it was possible to inject a transponder list into Media Center (the DD driver had up to version .211 an option to do this; it used loadmxf.exe); in the case of Astra 19.2 that reduced to me the number of channels from >>1000 to ~300, which made life easier with sorting and selecting;
that worked until version 8.8.3 but with 8.8.5 I get a loadmxf.exe error:
'unexpected end of file in line 971, position 206'

don't know who is 'guilty'; would be nice if it would work again...

Erwin

Post by Erwin » Fri Dec 25, 2020 10:07 pm

djiain wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:23 pm
Cheers will give that version a try this evening
@djiain Did you get this to work?

Gr. E