No Tuner Detected *Possible Solution*

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
onyxsolo

HTPC Specs: Show details

No Tuner Detected *Possible Solution*

Post by onyxsolo » Mon Jan 13, 2020 12:40 pm

Hi all,

BACKSTORY
I use an old laptop running Windows 10 home as a media center connected to my projector. WMC was working on it but overall system performance was pretty bad with numerous system errors routinely showing in the event logs. So i decided to do a fresh install. I had recently updated my main desktop running windows 10 pro to 1909 and WMC kept chugging along fine afterwards so I decided to go with home 10 version 1909. Right off the back I had issues with WMC not launching but WMV-V13 & it's patches found HERE got that resolved.

After hearing that sweet WMC intro tune a moment of relief came until... "no tuner detected." For the first time ever! All my devices and drivers looked fine and I was about to pull my hair out until I remembered I had installed Windows Home..."N". I went with N to hopefully minimize bloatware like candy crush from being automatically installed. The only difference I could think of that would matter to WMC were the missing Windows Media Player & it's related technologies like codecs etc. So I installed the Media feature pack for Windows 10 N and Windows 10 KN. Currently I can happily report WMC is at it's stage of taking forever to download TV Setup Data. Hopefully I didn't jinx it but a lengthy Setup Data download has always been the norm for me. I'll be posting the link to the Media Feature Pack below for those who are having the No Tuner Detected issue. Hopefully if you're in a similar situation as I was with Windows N it will get that resolved.

TLDR
If you're using Windows N/KN and are having problems with WMC detecting your Tuner card try the Media Feature pack below. The latest version currently available is for Windows 10 1903 but it worked on my 1909 setup as well.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softwar ... eaturepack

P.S.
Shout out to the wonderful coders here like technodevotee who've been modding and posting their custom installers. Allowing a couch potato like me to get my fix in all of WMC goodies

Vive La Green Button!