All Tuners are currently in use

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
johnsconley

HTPC Specs: Show details

All Tuners are currently in use

Post by johnsconley » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:41 pm

I have 6 HDhomerun tuners (3 devices with 2 tuners each) connected to my home network. I have two Win7 machines which play and record from the EPG just fine. My newly built Win10 and WMC-V13_x64 reports all tuners are in use. I verified none of them are playing all are idle. Network is not the issue and the firewall as configured to allow the tuners to reach the Win10 machine. I Checked and can play any tuner with any station with HDHomeRun player.
Can anyone offer some advice? I didn't see a topic covering this issue sorry if I missed it.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:24 am

I assume you read known issues.txt and ran replace_dlls.cmd.

Did it make any difference?

You are not alone in having issues with HDHR - there's a few recent threads on here, for example: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=12473

there are also people talking about them on here https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... ves.61061/

johnsconley

Post by johnsconley » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:22 pm

technodevotee wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 6:24 am I assume you read known issues.txt and ran replace_dlls.cmd.

Did it make any difference?

You are not alone in having issues with HDHR - there's a few recent threads on here, for example: viewtopic.php?f=97&t=12473

there are also people talking about them on here https://forums.mydigitallife.net/thread ... ves.61061/
did a complete uninstall and reinstall did all the .cmds rebooted still nothing. I also noted my tuners drop from 6 to 4 running tunersalad then have to rerun
signal setup.

Been trying to get an account but it tells me I am a BOT. Many tries 5 emails explaining my issue but nothing from mydigitallife.net

UPDATE
Got it working. paths and permissions and mostly my frustration were the problems. Be sure to turn off security software.
also wrote a script (GetEPGdatafromMEDIASERVER.cmd) to copy the EPG123 files from my server to the other machines.
script cmd (old DOS command format) file has the following

copy \\MEDIASERVER\GaRyan2\epg123\output\*.* C:\ProgramData\GaRyan2\epg123\output
exit

added a schedule with a time trigger 1AM every day to run GetEPGdatafromMEDIASERVER.cmd.
works great.