Need Help with WMC install on fresh Windows 10 build 1903

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
rronne

HTPC Specs: Show details

Need Help with WMC install on fresh Windows 10 build 1903

Post by rronne » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:35 pm

<t>A little Background:<br/>
I have not been on this forum in many years. So please excuse me for my ignorance.<br/>
I currently am running a Windows 7 pro on an Intel i7 box, with the current version of Windows Media Center (all working quite well) <br/>
I have a HDHome Run Prime 3 and an internal Ceton InfiniTV 4 for tuners<br/>
From that box I run a Ceton Echo extender to my TV.<br/>
I would like to run a dedicated small CPU running a fresh Windows 10 Build (1903) connected directly to TV as to eliminate the Ceton Echo<br/>
<br/>
I have a spare system that I am trying to get WMC 10 running that I can then test on the TV as a proof of concept.<br/>
I am not sure of the order and even the programs that I need to get this running.<br/>
I downloaded WMC-V8.8.4 and I installed the programs in this order<br/>
_TestRights<br/>
8.7-8.8-Quick Fix<br/>
BackupRestoreSettings<br/>
InstallerGreen<br/>
ResetSettings<br/>
Settings<br/>
<br/>
After doing that I do get Windows Media Center program to open up and I still have HDHomeRun that shows the 3 tuners and will show Live TV like it should, but when I go to Windows Media center and select Set Up TV Signal it tells me that no TV tuner was detected.<br/>
Please forgive my ignorance, but does anyone have an idea of what I have not done or have done incorrectly?</t>

rronne

Post by rronne » Fri Sep 13, 2019 1:23 am

I also have now tried to first do End Task on Windows Media Center and then ran the roll_back_dlls but still no joy.

lostgreycells

Post by lostgreycells » Tue Sep 24, 2019 3:12 pm

I'm also going to give it a try on my Win10 box. I ran into the same issue a few months ago after reinstalling Win7 on another box. (wanted a fresh start before they pull the plug).

I also got the dialogue box that no tuner(s) were detected. After running in frustrating circles I finally found an option which allowed me to refresh each tuner so I tried it (can't remember where I found it). After that it was smooth sailing. Hope this solves your issue.

clarc

Post by clarc » Thu Dec 12, 2019 5:26 pm

when i can download latest versione? and it work on windows 10 64 bit version 1803 (build so 17134.648)
edit: i reinstalled today v12 and it work

Sarkari Result Pnr Status 192.168.1.1