WMC-V13 for 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 10

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
technodevotee

HTPC Specs: Show details

Re: WMC-V13 for 32 bit and 64 bit Windows 10

Post by technodevotee » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:53 pm

Sadly, I have to report that even using my add-ons, V13 doesn't work with DVBLink.

A user on MDL says that he used 8.8.1 with my add-ons and it worked fine.

Since then, I have created a standalone utility called roll_back_dlls that does the job that replace_dlls and fix_thumbnails did.
Technodevotee

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Sat Aug 17, 2019 3:57 am

Hi technodevotee, thanks so much for the effort you put into this. By any chance do you have the ability to try to figure out why cable card tuners no longer work on Win10. I believe it has something to do with playready.

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Sat Aug 17, 2019 7:00 am

I think the problem is that Microsoft replaced the DRM mechanism needed for cablecards with playready.

Greater minds than mine have given up trying fix it so it looks like you are stuck with Windows 10 V1503 or windows 7 if you need to use cablecards.

In other news, I was told that V13 didn't work with DVBLink but it works for me using my fixes.
Technodevotee

kennyken

Post by kennyken » Fri Aug 30, 2019 9:15 am

Very thankful for this V13 release and fixing the Dropbox link, I was having tuner conflicts after re installing WMC since my PC updated to 1903 yesterday! This version with the DLL replacements worked for me! Very happy.

When are MS going to wake up and bring back Media Center.... :-( There has always been a demand for it. Removing the unofficial WMC we all use every freaking time they do a build update is not going to deter us ! Seriously MS pay attention to what people use! The amount of stuff in windows 10 I don't use and never will is endless...

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Fri Aug 30, 2019 10:54 am

You are welcome.

Can I ask which other versions you tried?

I am 100% with you on Microsoft forcibly removing WMC but unfortunately, I think there is zero chance that they will ever bring it back or release the code.

Like most companies, they don't see a future for such products so it is down to enthusiasts to come up with ways of keeping old products alive.
Technodevotee