Experiences with Win 10 Build 1809?

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
1ST1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Experiences with Win 10 Build 1809?

Post by 1ST1 » Sun Sep 30, 2018 5:39 pm

Hello, 1809 is not officially avalaible yet, but it is already possible to create the ISOs using Win 10 Media Creation tool. Have you already experiences with it, regarding WMC?

jazz_dude

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by jazz_dude » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:24 am

I'm in the UK and receive T2 Freeview SD + HD on WMC using TBS 6205 quad HD tuner (pci-e) on Windows 10 Pro x64. Yesterday I upgraded one pc to 1809, and the first thing I noticed was that the Windows eHome folder was still present (usually gets erased IIRC). However, when I started WMC I got an error message that some service wasn't running. I uninstalled WMC using the MDL command and some manual deleting.

I reinstalled WMC v8, but when finished the epg was 90% missing, there were no recording thumbs and WMC froze when going full screen, although the stations seemed to play OK. I did the previous hacks - replacing EncDec and MSVidCtl.dll - but no joy. Also the 'focus' hack didn't fix the full screen problem.

I reverted back to a Macrium image and set upgrade delay to max (365 days) and everything is back to normal. I guess I'll wait and see what solutions other WMC users come up with.