How do I disable full screen optimisations? + a question

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
star

HTPC Specs: Show details

How do I disable full screen optimisations? + a question

Post by star » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:00 pm

Hi

This seems to be the bane of a number of users. I keep finding posts asking how they do this, only to find follow-on answers which are bizarrely vague and more often than not entirely unhelpful.

If someone could simply put a definitive guide for how this can be done, as of this post's date, that would be much appreciated!

As for my question: why must WMC be run from the \Windows directory? I tried to cut>paste the folder in program files, but it won't run (which isn't unexpected). Since we're working with a patched version of the program on W10, while I hate being an uneducated non-coder, I have to ask why it's apparently so difficult to find a way to make it work from a user-specified non-\Windows directory? I'd think that would solve the FSO problem for the foreseeable future...

1ST1

Post by 1ST1 » Sun Jun 10, 2018 4:24 pm

Easy doing, bit it did not help me on RDP session.

1. Copy the c:\windows\ehome folder to somewhere else, for example to c:\program files(x86)\ehome or to c:\ehome, or elsewhere. (do not move, copy!)
2. Change the path to ehome.exe in all your desktop/startmenu/... links to ehome.exe in the copied folder.
3. Disabe fullscreen optimisation in these links.

dimeloyo

Post by dimeloyo » Tue Dec 29, 2020 9:34 pm

thanks, that solve my problems with juder effect at 4k full screen

technodevotee

Post by technodevotee » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:51 pm

star wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:00 pm As for my question: why must WMC be run from the \Windows directory? I tried to cut>paste the folder in program files, but it won't run (which isn't unexpected). Since we're working with a patched version of the program on W10, while I hate being an uneducated non-coder, I have to ask why it's apparently so difficult to find a way to make it work from a user-specified non-\Windows directory? I'd think that would solve the FSO problem for the foreseeable future...
The simplistic answer is that WMC was an optional part of Windows and not a standalone program like Office. Therefore, it is tightly integrated into and highly reliant on the Windows subsystems.