Play videos in random order

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
zaphod

HTPC Specs: Show details

Play videos in random order

Post by zaphod » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:50 am

I'm having to reinstall WMC again after Win 10 updating to 1709. I had been using v12, but was having trouble with that, so decided to try 8.8.1. It installed and appears to be running okay so far, but I have a question.

I have a collection of music videos. They're all located in a single folder under my main Videos folder. I could swear at some time in the past, there was an option to play the videos in that folder in random order (shuffle), like can be done for music. But in trying to do it just now with my newly reinstalled 8.8.1, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to play them in random order. They just play in alphabetical order based on the file name.

Am I dreaming that there some version of WMC had an option to play videos in a folder in random order?

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:18 pm

I don't believe so. I know there was discussions in the past to do a "playlist" for videos and that was tricky if I remember correctly. I'm sure someone tried this before. In my years with WMC, I have never seen this feature but, it's very possible it's a feature I never needed.

Good luck, maybe someone else can help here
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012

Shark007

Post by Shark007 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:29 pm

If you have my codecs installed, have a look on the 32bit misc TAB.
There is a playlist creation tool there that also allows you to shuffle the list and below that tool is a checkbox to allow Media Center to use that playlist.
Retain your sanity, use Shark007 Codecs