WMC CableCard Workaround?

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
soapdishbandit

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC CableCard Workaround?

Post by soapdishbandit » Sun Apr 01, 2018 5:41 pm

Hi,

Sorry to bring back an old topic, but, if I recall, Crash2009 had a way to find cablecard tuners in 1607 using DVBLink or something like that? The problem is that it won't work with DRM channels (which is fine by me as I can use HboGO for that). Can someone point me in the direction to see about making this work? There are some problems I am running into certain programs not working with Win 10 1511 and was debating updating.

I've been using WMC v12 64 bit with little to no issues, also was able to have extenders working (was a PITA but I got it!) Does Version v8.1.1 have better support, extender support out of the box or is it another issue? I do need the extenders as I have 3 xbox's and they are used as cable boxes (and work GREAT, I'd like to add). I DO have a back-up I could restore if need be (just after getting extenders to work!), but hopefully I can move forward in the world of Windows! Thanks for any help you can give me everyone!

P.S. Off-topic but anyone know when the HD Homerun is dropping the 6-tuner Prime? I got a 3-tuner prime and LOVE it! I just miss having 6 tuners from my old Ceton.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:16 pm

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 43#p109643

If you need more info, check MDL about 2 weeks prior to the 1st post in the above thread.

soapdishbandit

Post by soapdishbandit » Sat Jun 02, 2018 2:00 am

Crash2009 wrote:http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 43#p109643

If you need more info, check MDL about 2 weeks prior to the 1st post in the above thread.
Now it is called TVMosaic? Is it the same thing? Thinking of checking it out. Don't care about the 2 DRM channels I have but I would like to update my PC past 1503, but keep WMC and XBOX 360 extenders.