Downloadable Guide Not Available

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
straphanger

HTPC Specs: Show details

Downloadable Guide Not Available

Post by straphanger » Tue May 16, 2017 3:05 am

I just downloaded the W10 CU and am now having trouble setting up WMC on it. I had WM10 AU with the older v12 version of WMC originally. I downloaded v8.8.1 and used the uninstaller to get rid of WMC before I installed CU. However, after installing v8.8.1 on CU, I am unable to download guide data for my region when going through the setup. It takes forever to download guide data in setup and ultimately fails giving me a screen that says "Downloadable Guide Not Available".

I did some more digging in Event Viewer and found an entry that said "Failed to retrieve nettv (Error: PackageName is invalid.)"

Anyone ever encounter this error or know of possible fixes so I can get my guide data back again?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Wed May 17, 2017 4:35 am

Start reading about here...

https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threa ... st-1338855

Your issue has been fixed 20 times since mid April..

Check Page 1 to insure you have the pure unmolested version of WMC for Win10. Wouldn't hurt to read Page 1 while you are there.

What is the exact file name of the WMC you are installing?

seanbperiod

Post by seanbperiod » Wed May 17, 2017 8:17 pm

To be fair, I believe there is an outtage with guide data. In the EPG forum, someone said the nettv error has nothing to do with guide data be downloaded. Mine expires tomorrow. Others expire next week. There is an outtage.