Need folder that stores the recored shows from MMC

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
dojo

HTPC Specs: Show details

Need folder that stores the recored shows from MMC

Post by dojo » Wed Sep 28, 2016 1:23 pm

Windows Media Center loaded real easy, this is my 3rd time.

Before the up grade to windows 10 I remember I had a folder with the recorded tv shows, and MMC also stored the recorded shows, but I played the shows from the folder,

Now the only place I can find and play the recorded shows is in MMC.........Does anybody know how to go into o (c:) files and find the file that has the recordings that I can make a folder to go to instead of MMC, at least that is what the Media Libraries says in MMC. (( the folder way is much better, not so messy,))

as you probably know by know I am not that good to find it and have learned my lesson for doing things I should not do.......

Hope someone can help me......

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 4:24 am

C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV

just make a shortcut, and copy the shortcut to your desktop.

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:24 pm

Crash,

thank you for the help, right now I think I will keep it there,,,,,,even if I have to use C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV each time, ran a few tests and any new shows did not hit the shortcut to the desk top, I am happy if I could keep it in videos or music, working on that. I know its my that is screwing up, but working on it, any new record ((like a minute record)) goes to the recorded tv but not to the videos or desktop
this will give me something to do

again thank you for the help,,,,,,,,,,, Old John

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:10 pm

What app are you using to watch the recordedTV files?

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:33 pm

This is where the dumbness shows up for me,,,,,,,,,,

Sorry I don't know what you mean app,,,,,,,,, I can watch the recorded in MMC recorded section or go to C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV the site you gave me and there they are, I can also watch them there, I tried the shortcut thingie to my desktop, but it only took the shows that was already recorded in C: that you gave me

Sorry , I told you I was not to smart on a lot of computer things, and I can stumble around on other things,

Thanks for trying to help this old man

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:55 pm

Usually we buy a $15 remote control, comes with a little USB thing that plugs in the computer. Then we sit back and use the remote to open WMC, then recordedTV, pause-play-fastforward-etc.

What I meant by app, was, when you mouse-click on the TV files, does WMC open and play the files, or does some other app open up to Play the TV file for you.

You probably figured this out by now WMC not MMC

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:17 pm

Yes Sir, I have the remote, it came with the computer ((HP)) and works on the WMC. ((MMC-sorry))

when I go to C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV , the recorded shows are sitting there ready to watch, all I have to do is click on the show picture and it reverts back to WMC and show takes off,,,,,,,,,,so not I have the recorded shows in WMC and the Recorded tv section,

I hope is answered this correctly

dojo

Post by dojo » Thu Sep 29, 2016 5:40 pm

Crash 2009, thanks for taking the time to help me out, I really appreciate it, You are good, very good

Old John

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Thu Sep 29, 2016 7:48 pm

The rest of us don't do much clicking with the mouse. We use WMC like a real tv. Sit back in your easy chair, grab the remote, and press the big Green button. WMC should open up and take you to the WMC start page, then if you get out the magnifying glass, there is a small button on the remote named recordedTV.....press the button on the remote and it takes you directly to the stuff you recorded. There is also a live button, a guide button, and a record button.

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Fri Sep 30, 2016 2:09 pm

Here is the Remote Control Manual for a HP Remote. Might not be exactly the same as yours.....

Press #25 to open WMC.....Press #4 to open Recorded TV.....Press one of the #10 buttons to move between your Recorded TV recordings....Press #18 to start the recording....

http://www.hp.com/ctg/Manual/bph07861.pdf
Attachments
RemoteControl001.JPG

dojo

Post by dojo » Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:41 pm

Hi Crash 2009

I think mine is a little newer than that one,,,,,,actually my original one dropped dead November of 2015, went to E-bay and as luck would have it, I got the exact same one new in wrap . Dropped in batteries and works like a charm, we like the feature that lets us click through advertisements.

Again thanks for the help, that folder in quick access, Public Recored TV, is just like in the old days, now I can have a folder inside of it for each tv show we are taping for the X-mas reruns, between WMC tapped shows and the free moves off he air we are in good shape,

No more messing around with the computer with things I do not understand, I did not like the destructive restart ((system recovery)) I had to do 2 weeks ago,,,,,,

If you are up to it I have 1 other problem that the Microsoft techs can not solve and all the information I can gather in the internet will not help me, not related to WMC

Again thanks for ALL the help, your very, very good

Old John

SpencerC

Post by SpencerC » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:47 am

what is your other problem?

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 9:24 am

SpencerC wrote:what is your other problem?
I think Win10 needs a video adapter driver.....it sounds like when he go's into display settings, he only see's one display instead of two.

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 63#p110663

http://www.thegreenbutton.tv/forums/vie ... 91#p110691

dojo

Post by dojo » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:39 am

Crash your correct, that is the problem,

but I have gone to NVIDIA and AMD for new drivers and downloaded them, they will not load on my computer, I really forget what it said, hardware not accepting it ??
sorry it was a while back and I really tried. Microsoft techs tried , not sure how hard

have a great day

Old JOhn

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Tue Oct 04, 2016 3:13 pm

Well, since you all ready eliminated Nvidia and Microsoft.....

That only leaves 3 possibilities. Bad.....wire or connection, motherboard slot, or video card.

Recently I had a similar problem. The video card works fine on Windows 7. I tried 10 or 15 different drivers from Nvidia for Windows 10. No go...

Pulled the card out of the box.... looked at the video card with a magnifying glass one little chip on it looked like it was burnt..... installed a different card and the drivers installed fine..... end of story.

dojo

Post by dojo » Sun Oct 09, 2016 12:44 pm

Crash 2009,

(( C:\Users\Public\Recorded TV ))

Silly question, if Microsoft comes along with another upgrade like 1607, and I lose WMC again,,,,,will the shows stored in RECORDED TV vanish also?

thanks for the help

Crash2009

Post by Crash2009 » Sun Oct 09, 2016 1:47 pm

I don't remember the answer to that one.....maybe someone else?

The last upgrade I received...did not touch my 2nd drive (D:RecordedTV)

BTW, I found the picture of the "burnt component" on my video adapter. Compare the 2 square components that are inside the triangle. The upper one looks like it has been welded.
Attachments
QuadroFX3450_003.jpg