Mpeg4 channel recorded tv playback issues

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
Vija

HTPC Specs: Show details

Mpeg4 channel recorded tv playback issues

Post by Vija » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:06 am

Hi all,

I've got wmc working perfectly on everything except recording the new mpeg4 channels, ie 7flix. I can watch and hear them perfectly live but when trying to watch a recording about 50% of the time the picture freezes but sound keeps working when I skip or rewind. This does not happen to any other channels nor does it happen when I use media portal to watch/record the channel.
Any ideas to fix this? I can't see how it can be codecs if I can watch the channel perfectly with live tv. For info I'm using the digitalnow quad pcie tuner with an A4-7300 apu.

Cheers

saxnix

HTPC Specs: Show details

Post by saxnix » Tue Aug 16, 2016 10:50 am

I have been experiencing this problem as well. It doesn't happen all the time but when it is a PITA. Have to alt tab, close wmc and restart it. Resume watching and often automatically hit the skip button at the next ad break without thinking and... rinse and repeat.

I actually think it may have something to do with codecs, but don't know how to figure out exactly what the problem is. The reason I think this is that the WMC in my bedroom (also win 8.1, but 32bit compared to the main WMC which is 64bit and experiencing the problem), does not suffer the same problem. So either it has something to do with 32bit vs 64bit, playing from attached drive vs across the network, or a difference in the codecs.

The main machine (which experiences the problem) has had quite a bit of codec-messing over its life. In its current state, it has had Shark's pack, as well as Total Media Theatre, neither of which are on the bedroom media center (which is not having problems.