Safe WMC Download Site?

Discussion of getting WMC to work on Windows 10 (unsupported)
J2W2

HTPC Specs: Show details

Safe WMC Download Site?

Post by J2W2 » Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:32 pm

Hi,

I'll apologize right up front as I'm probably totally overlooking this, but can someone provide a link for a "safe" download of the latest version of WMC to install on 64-bit Windows 10 machines? I've tried various searches on this site and I see a lot of references for downloading WMC v12, but I can't find an actual link for the download.

I found what seemed like a legit site for the download through a Google search, but when I ran the file it started loading all kinds of software onto my PC. I was able to rollback to a previous recovery point, but now I'm gun shy about any downloads I find on my own.

Thank you very much for your help!

hansolo89

Post by hansolo89 » Tue Jul 05, 2016 6:08 am

for win10 i installed here with no issues on fresh install

http://forums.mydigitallife.info/thread ... ost1200602

DavidinCT

Post by DavidinCT » Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:55 pm

J2W2 wrote:Hi,

I'll apologize right up front as I'm probably totally overlooking this, but can someone provide a link for a "safe" download of the latest version of WMC to install on 64-bit Windows 10 machines? I've tried various searches on this site and I see a lot of references for downloading WMC v12, but I can't find an actual link for the download.

I found what seemed like a legit site for the download through a Google search, but when I ran the file it started loading all kinds of software onto my PC. I was able to rollback to a previous recovery point, but now I'm gun shy about any downloads I find on my own.

Thank you very much for your help!
As the link said, Just make sure check the option to download through your browser, NOT with their downloader/installer. If you dont, you will end up with spyware.
-Dave
Twitter @TheCoolDave

Windows Media Center certified and WMC MVP 2010 - 2012