Schedules Direct Quality

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
epayson85

HTPC Specs: Show details

Schedules Direct Quality

Post by epayson85 » Sat May 07, 2016 7:31 pm

So I'm a little late to the party with EPG123... 49 pages... my god. However this all looks very promising. I just used EPG123 on a test machine and it worked great! I Started comparing the guide data on this machine to my main HTPC and I can see some differences... My hope is to stop a lot of the re-runs from being recorded. Also its great to see we have a solution for when microsoft ever decides to yank our guide data as others have said all over the EPG123 posts.

So the reason for a new topic is I feel that topic is more related to technical issues users are having. What I would love to discuss here are differences other people are seeing in the guide data. I want to be sure its worth the switch before going through the work of setting up all my recordings again. Also I'm sure others would love to see this type of feedback as well.

From what I can see so far the data isn't all that different. I do like the way certain images are handled and I love the season / episode numbers. I have been going through "my" recordings... they are mostly my GFs LOL and trying to find excessive recordings. Keeping up with the Kardashians was one. Interesting enough it was set as New only but set to record a bunch of episodes that had 0 data just a generic description of the series not specific episodes. Then checking the tv guide website they had the same info as my rovi guide data. However checking out the guide data from schedules direct / epg123, zap2it, and also comcasts direct website... they all matched but had a completely different show scheduled than rovi with detailed information. For me that was extremely promising. The thing is though my g/f never tells me that her shows are recording the wrong show... however she might be deleting shows that she knows are reruns without even watching them. My thought is maybe eventually ROVI gets their butts in gear a couple days out and it gets corrected. So I would love to hear what others are seeing / experiencing and are there any major in enhancements.