Incorrect service providers when setting up HDHomerun Prime

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
tazman1937

HTPC Specs: Show details

Incorrect service providers when setting up HDHomerun Prime

Post by tazman1937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:39 pm

Hello all -
I'm writing you all because it seems like this community has the highest number of people who understand WMC.

I've been using it for about 3 years now with my HDHomerunPrime with Comcast and a cablecard, happily.

I just moved, and I switched providers to Verizon Fios. Amazingly, I've gotten the cablecard setup properly and I can view all my channels using the HDHomerun View application.

However, when I try to configure the cablecard in WMC on win7, it goes through the setup and downloads TV provider info for my zip code, but only comcast (5 versions, in fact) show up in the provider list.
If I use any of them, the guide is woefully inaccurate, every channel is wrong.

Steps I've taken so far:
Entering 3 different zip codes in the local area (I live in 15201)
Emptying the C:\ProgramData\eHome directory, and starting fresh with the setup
Entering some WMC reset commands in the command prompt
Googling until my fingers hurt

Any help / ideas? I would really like to continue using WMC as my main PVR application.

Thanks!
Tazman

tazman1937

Post by tazman1937 » Sun Mar 27, 2016 10:53 pm

Screen shot for clarity; Where the heck is verizon fios?!

Space

Post by Space » Mon Mar 28, 2016 1:16 am

Rovi is lacking in their lineup support. You can contact them and let them know it is missing and they should be able to add it for your zip code.

You can also try zip code 15206 which seems to have the FiOS lineup (but not sure if same as your area). Before trying it on WMC you can go to http://www.roviguide.com and check it there first, it should be quicker and easier to try multiple zip codes in your area to find one that has the correct lineup. If you find one that is almost right but missing some channels, you can also let them know that, since it is most likely just Rovi not having the complete lineup and FiOS lineups seem to be pretty much the same nationwide (except for the local channels).

You can report the missing lineup to ipgcustomersupport@rovicorp.com

tazman1937

Post by tazman1937 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 3:02 am

Thanks, this was very helpful. I was able to use your instructions to find a zip code which has the fios lineup, happily channel surfing now. Thanks so much!

Sammy2

Post by Sammy2 » Mon Mar 28, 2016 11:20 pm

You could just install EPG123 and be done with it.. but may have an issue still getting past Step 1.

I think though that you could chose one of those other providers/listings in WMC and then just over-ride it with the correct one from SchedulesDirect with EPG123.

I'm not sure but I think you can work around this with EPG123 but it may take some manual inputting. I'd say get the 7 day trail of SchedulesDirect and give it a whirl as you really have nothing to loose and a lot to gain here.