BBC HD Channels on old transponder, how to change?

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
shiftlocked

HTPC Specs: Show details

BBC HD Channels on old transponder, how to change?

Post by shiftlocked » Mon Oct 24, 2011 10:09 pm

Hi All,

Interesting thing going on with my media centre as of late. BBC HD (or BBC One HD) appears fine when I do a full transponder scan however I get the infamous no signal message on the screen

If I use DVB viewer it works fine. I've tried rescanning, deleting the full program line up but it looks like it's stuck with the old transponder settings (I can't remember how I worked that one out sorry)

Tv card with I'm using a Terratec Cinergy S2 PCI HD which supports DVB S2 along with windows 7.

Updated. Just checked that I can get the channels and they all work fine in DVB viewer so I'm assuming it's a channel listing thing?

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 6:55 am

I would guess your card does not support dvb-s2 through mediacenter due to drivers, same as my skystar hd2. dvblogic will sort you out... or a new card!! (tbs or hauppaugge support dvb-s2 in WMC)
Lee

shiftlocked

Post by shiftlocked » Tue Oct 25, 2011 8:58 am

DVBlogic seems to be spot on for this. I would prefer native support however as Im a bit worried about what sort of cpu overhead this introduces.

If I can use a DVB-S and DVB-T card at the same time so I have a kinda dual tuner setup that would be great.

Fleadh

Post by Fleadh » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:13 am

Ive heard (voices in my head) others have loaded the hauppauge fix and this has sorted the issue for other cards. Worth a try.

milli260876

Post by milli260876 » Fri Oct 28, 2011 9:00 pm

I've got the hauppauge s2 with patch applied and my technisat still doesn't work... oh and i've a tbs6981 and that's fine with s2 too....
Lee

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:48 pm

The Hauppauge fix will only work for Hauppauge cards (and other cards that could use Hauppauge drivers maybe) as far as I know.

It just adds a few extra Hauppauge reg keys that give the necessary tuning info to the card when an s2 channel is being tuned by MC (I think!)

Hopefully Win8 will handle s2 tuning better???????
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.