Channel Guide no data - WMC - Help!

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
CaptHaywire

HTPC Specs: Show details

Channel Guide no data - WMC - Help!

Post by CaptHaywire » Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:31 pm

I have a HD HomeRun Dual by SiliconDust and cant seem to get the program guide to work. During set up with WMC the scan finds channels but when finished they don't show up in guide. I can add and watch the channels but no guide information. I have tried different zip codes with the same result. This happens with two Win 7 64 machines. I have setup up Quick TV to use WMC, all channels are available there.

CaptHaywire

Post by CaptHaywire » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:28 am

WMC reports guide downloaded successfully, but still no infornation. If I go to about guide, it shows Zap2it and correct area code.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 11:54 am

I suspect the problem is the station call signs in the guide are different from the station call signs in the listings. For example, the guide may say "AAAA-DT" but the listings may say "AAAA DT".

Try this:

Go to Tasks > Settings > TV > Guide > Edit Channels. Click on one of the channels. This will bring up a new screen with settings specific to that channel. On the left, click Edit Listings. Find the correct channel name and select it (you can type the first few letters to go straight to that part of the list). Save your settings and view the guide. If the listings now appear for that channel, repeat the process for all channels.

CaptHaywire

Post by CaptHaywire » Wed Oct 03, 2012 1:08 pm

Thanks for detailed reply. Works great!!