Zap2It Guide Listings

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
StHapns247

HTPC Specs: Show details

Zap2It Guide Listings

Post by StHapns247 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:13 pm

Just got WMC up and running with a a Ceton InvitiTV 4 and a Comcast cableCARD. I noticed right away my MCE guide was missing two channels I frequent: SpikeHD and Comedy Central HD. Between calling Comcast and my own troubleshooting I discovered that it was the Zap2It TV listings for my town that were incorrect.

I filed a Guide discrepancy issue with Zap2It, does anyone know if they even look into these issues or do they just blow it off? If they do correct them, how long does it take?

On the other hand, can anyone point me in a the direction of an alternate way to get the CORRECT channel listings in MCE provided there is even a vioable alternative to Zap2It?

Thanks!

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:19 pm

Wait a few days and Zap2it should correct their listings on their website. A few days after the website is corrected, the change should be reflected in WMC.

OneAn9ryN00b

Post by OneAn9ryN00b » Tue Aug 07, 2012 4:59 am

I contacted zap2it once about a channel that was just used for games that didn't fit on there primary channel. They did get back to me, but it was like 2 weeks or so later, and they were very discriptive about it, but they said it wasnt in there listing they got from the cable co, and that they had contacted them about it, and the cable co said they didnt include it because it wasnt used often. So in turn zap2it just relayed the message to me, and told me it was the cable co's problem, not theres.

Though there must have been other complaints, because about 6 months later it appeared in my guide.