Charter Lineup Change - Wrong Guide Data

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
arr0gant1

HTPC Specs: Show details

Charter Lineup Change - Wrong Guide Data

Post by arr0gant1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:08 pm

We had a major Channel upgrade and change. Now the guide is old and isn't reflecting the new channels as well as the channels that have changed. For example, NBC and CBS which used to be 785 and 784 and have now been moved to 704 and 705. 704 and 705 don't even show up in the guide and 785 and 785 still show all guide listings for NBC and CBS, however when you click on them it says this channel does not exist.

I have tried everything I can think of vis-a-vis upgrading the guide in TV Signal settings. I have tried all guides in my area and none of them are the updated one...

Anyone else having this issue in STL or anywhere else?

STC

Post by STC » Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:55 pm

Do Zap2its listings show the correct lineup for your zip?
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

magpowerzip

Post by magpowerzip » Thu Apr 19, 2012 7:09 pm

I am in Warrensburg, MO. and on Tuesday Charter did a MAJOR channel lineup change. I have gone through TV Setup many times and the guide is the same as the old guide, meaning channel numbers do not line up and all the neww channels they added are not there at all. The listings are correct on Zap2it's web site, just not in Windows Media Center. I contacted Zap2it and they said it was Microsoft's problem. Does anyone have any ideal how long it takes for the guide updates
to reach Media Center? I Can bring up the listings from St. Louis by using a different zip code, and those listings are correct, except for the local stations. Do these listings go through Microsoft? And about how long they trickle down to us?
Thanks for any help or advice. It will be appreciated. Later.

magpoerzip

arr0gant1

Post by arr0gant1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Zap2it is updated but my guide is the old one... :(

arr0gant1

Post by arr0gant1 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:28 pm

magpowerzip wrote: I Can bring up the listings from St. Louis by using a different zip code, and those listings are correct, except for the local stations.

magpoerzip
What ZIP are you using?

sancraig

Post by sancraig » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:48 pm

I have the same problem here too.

cm63118

Post by cm63118 » Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 pm

Same problem here... Charter Comm - St. Louis, MO - 63118.

STC

Post by STC » Fri Apr 20, 2012 12:20 am

This could very well be linked to the guide update issue, to which I have just changed status back to unresolved.
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

paulism

Post by paulism » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:50 am

Same problem here. I have a Ceton pci card with a cable card from Charter. All the channels are wrong now. How long are we going to have to wait until they h ave this fixed??

I live in St. Louis City - 63103.

Very frustrating!!!

Is Zap2It the source for the guide listings? When does Microsoft update these?

zdanmu

Post by zdanmu » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:54 am

Same issue here.

When I ask it to manually update, I can see the progress in the system tray. It seems to download and then process two separate listing files, MC says it is compelted, and the old lineup is still in place. I am holding out hope this is a timing issue on when zap2it/MS handshake the data or however that works, and tomorrow morning it will update ok.

arr0gant1

Post by arr0gant1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Looks like 62040 ( Maryville, Charter Communications (Digital) ) works for the NEW Saint Louis line-up..

Check local syndication programming and let us know if anyone find differences.

erkotz

Post by erkotz » Fri Apr 20, 2012 4:07 pm

If you're still having guide data quality issues, please submit a ticket at https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback
Quality Assurance Manager, Ceton Corporation

zdanmu

Post by zdanmu » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:34 pm

erkotz wrote:If you're still having guide data quality issues, please submit a ticket at https://connect.microsoft.com/site1145/Feedback
Still having the issue here after a couple attempted updates today. Ive gone to that site and voted up this issue as submitted by another user.

livorsi

Post by livorsi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:40 pm

arr0gant1 wrote:Looks like 62040 ( Maryville, Charter Communications (Digital) ) works for the NEW Saint Louis line-up..

Thank you!!! This works. I don't mind living in Maryville until the Microsoft guide data gets updated.

If this goes anything like when they moved HGTV (an unannounced stealth move, BTW), it may be a while. First, it took about 3 or 4 days to get Zap2It updated. At least this part of the process has already happened. But, even after that, it took about a week for media center to get the update. However, this wasn't really automatic. The channel just "disappeared" from the guide. This gave me a hint that something finally got updated. And, then finally, after rerunning TV signal, it returned - and with the correct channel number. However, this current problem affects just about every channel. So, I'm glad there is a workaround.

arr0gant1

Post by arr0gant1 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 pm

livorsi wrote:
arr0gant1 wrote:Looks like 62040 ( Maryville, Charter Communications (Digital) ) works for the NEW Saint Louis line-up..

Thank you!!! This works. I don't mind living in Maryville until the Microsoft guide data gets updated.

If this goes anything like when they moved HGTV (an unannounced stealth move, BTW), it may be a while. First, it took about 3 or 4 days to get Zap2It updated. At least this part of the process has already happened. But, even after that, it took about a week for media center to get the update. However, this wasn't really automatic. The channel just "disappeared" from the guide. This gave me a hint that something finally got updated. And, then finally, after rerunning TV signal, it returned - and with the correct channel number. However, this current problem affects just about every channel. So, I'm glad there is a workaround.
Thank magpowerzip!! He gave me the Zip, but not sure why the Locals weren't working for him.
magpowerzip wrote: I Can bring up the listings from St. Louis by using a different zip code, and those listings are correct, except for the local stations.

magpoerzip

livorsi

Post by livorsi » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:02 pm

arr0gant1 wrote:
Thank magpowerzip!! He gave me the Zip, but not sure why the Locals weren't working for him.

magpoerzip
It could be because he's in Warrensburg, MO. Looking at a map, he's probably interested in Kansas City locals. Actually, I don't really care about the locals from Charter since I get those directly from OTA tuners.

JGanninger

Post by JGanninger » Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:22 pm

So, I live in Saint Louis, and Charter has been talking for months about the changes, essentially every channel is in a new location. They have added many new HD channels, so this is all good. I guess I trusted between Charter and Microsoft, the Guide data would be changed when the switch occurs. Switch happened on Saturday 21st. Nope, still old guide data. Continually update hoping for change, and have even re-setup the tuner. No changes.

I live in a part of St. Louis that uses "Olivette" digital settings, and they are still the old channel settings. My system in the house is pretty much dependent on this data, since I have a Ceton tuner in the PC in den, and 3 extenders around the house. My shows arent getting recorded, and unless I want to manually attempt to re-map the stuff myself, I guess we are screwed.

Anyone have any ideas why these large corporations dont have their act together on this? With my entire house hardwired, the system works great. I had some hiccups when I went from Vista to WMC 7, I changed routers and switches around the house, but for the last year its been pretty flawless.

I appreciate any advice or feedback, I don't think this is a Charter issue, and if I attempt to call them, I know it would be a lesson in futility. With Microsoft, I wouldnt even know where to start.......
Thanks,
Jim

kentmurphy

Post by kentmurphy » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:53 am

Same problem here. Olivette lineup is incorrect. What a bummer!

CapriRS302

Post by CapriRS302 » Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:27 pm

Same problem here. I also get my guide from the Olivette area, though i live in Woodson Terrace. Its good to see that there are some other people that use Windows Media Center in the immediate area. I was beginning to think that I was the only cool one... ;)

Thanks for the tip on the guide, I will use it tonight. I was getting tired of watching the Blues games in standard definition.

cdcellular

Post by cdcellular » Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:43 pm

Same problem here. Using the maryville zip fixed it for now. Thanks!