WMC missing specific Guide Data

Global guide related discussion. All Windows versions.
feerlessleadr

HTPC Specs: Show details

WMC missing specific Guide Data

Post by feerlessleadr » Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:01 am

So I am a hockey fan and the NHL playoffs are on during this time of year. unfortunately, this means that wmc doesn't get a lot of lead time on getting the guide data updated with each game.

I went to watch a New Jersey Devils game tonight on MSG+ and realized that the guide had not been updated to include the game. I checked out zap2it and the game is listed, as well as the next game. It seems that for some reason, even though I have updated my guide at least 3 times in the last 2 hours, and WMC says that the guide has downloaded successfully, the new information will not load into the guide.

I know that new data is actually being downloaded, as the about guide section says that this data is good through 4/25, and playoff games are listed for other teams on other channels. It seems to just be this one channel that is not getting updated.

holidayboy

Post by holidayboy » Sat Apr 14, 2012 10:51 am

You could try running mcupdate.exe from a cmd prompt with the -uf switch to force a new package to be downloaded.
I think that by default, mcupdate will only get a complete new package once every 12, or 24 hrs even if you run an update in 7mc multiple times (I may be wrong though).
Rob.

TGB.tv - the one stop shop for the more discerning Media Center user.

richard1980

Post by richard1980 » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:07 pm

There is a bit of lag time between when Zap2it updates their listings and when that data is actually available for WMC to download. It's usually 2-3 days. There is nothing you can do about it. You just have to wait it out.

STC

Post by STC » Sat Apr 14, 2012 2:35 pm

Open a cold one :thumbup:
By the Community, for the Community. 100% Commercial Free.

Want decent guide data back? Check out EPG123

feerlessleadr

Post by feerlessleadr » Sun Apr 15, 2012 5:45 am

well that is certainly disappointing and quite annoying as my tivo ever had this problem (granted it did have many others though)